Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
1. We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
2. We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
3. We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
4. Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
5. Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Working 42 hours per week with a salary of £11.06 per hour
* Monitoring and operating the site CCTV systems including associated reports.
* Respond to emergency situations & liaise with emergency services.
* Reporting and associated paperwork & documentation including detailed handovers.
* working on differing platforms to control access cards
* Knowledge and associated reporting on the contractual agreement, Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) & ‘Key Performance Indicators’ (KPI’s).
* Operating the client and company procedures and processes.
* Managing the fire alarm tests, monitoring & evacuation procedure.
* Attend, represent & actively take part in all required meetings.
* Defect reporting and associated actions and follow ups.
* Maintain the standards of the Security for access / egress and visitor regulation.
* To respond to requests & resolve issues within the agreed SLA time frames.
* The Full time security officer will need to be a team player with an enthusiastic attitude.
* The Full time security officer should be able to work on own initiative.
* Flexible Approach to work to suit the business needs.
* Excellent communication skills are required both written and verbal.
* It is important the Security Officer is calm under pressure.
* It is essential that the Operator has CCTV experience.
* Comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel and Word.
* Be able to work as part of a team as well as an individual.
* It is essential that you have strong system’s experience i.e. CCTV, Access Control.
SIA licence (static guarding as minimum) and computer literate with knowledge of Word, Excel as a minimum
It’s the little things that count –
On top of the usual rewards you’d expect to see from a large company, such as – holidays, pension, childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes, we also provide many extra benefits to enhance our people’s well-being and enjoyment at work.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.