New College Swindon have an exciting opportunity for an Administration Assistant to join their team based in Swindon.
Salary: £17,787 – £20,070 FTE
Actual Salary: £12,341 – £13,925 pa
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 30 hours per week, working 39 weeks per year
New College Swindon has gone through an exciting time of change since we have merged with Swindon College to become one College. Also, with the up-and-coming development of the successful 20M bid of the Institute of Technology, opening in September 2021, which will be an inclusive centre for technical qualifications, higher apprenticeships and training for key technical roles, it’s a really great time to be joining us. These exciting changes will extend the career opportunities for both our students and staff.
Administration Assistant – The Role:
We are looking to recruit an experienced Administration Assistant who will provide support to our busy and varied curriculum area of Maths and English.
In this role you will be the first point of contact to staff and students and will use your communication and prioritisation skills in providing accurate information, advice and guidance. You will have excellent attention to detail, as is the ability to problem solve, and to be proactive in ensuring the curriculum area is running smoothly.
Administration Assistant – Key Responsibilities:
– Arrange meetings between tutors, students and parents
– Support the process in booking interviews, contacting students and producing correspondence
– Update course information, to support College full-time prospectus and termly course brochures, and including updating of curriculum support database
– Support faculty managers, curriculum managers and tutors in the preparation of references for staff and students
Administration Assistant – You:
– Minimum of Level 2 qualification in Maths and English or commit to gain within 24 months of commencement of employment
– Level 2 qualification in ICT (or prepared to gain)
– Up to date working knowledge in all levels of Microsoft Office
– Experience of providing administrative support to a team and prioritising admin tasks
Administration Assistant – Benefits:
When you join us, you will have access to ongoing support, training and development opportunities to further enhance your experience and skill set through our extensive CPD programme. You will have access to facilities and resources across the two campuses along with an extended support network of colleagues from a wide range of disciplines and industry backgrounds.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this; we believe you should be rewarded. As a valued member of our team, in addition to a wide range of development opportunities, you will have access to a number of great benefits some of are listed below:
– Sodexo Retail Discount Scheme
– Excellent Pension scheme
– Generous Holiday Allowance
– Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme
– Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service
How to apply:
Please note, we do not accept CV’s and you will be required to complete an application form. Please check your emails after clicking ‘apply’, we will contact you with further instructions on how to submit your application form and the next steps in the application process.
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview and by agreement.
Please note an enhanced DBS will be required for this role.
On appointment, you will be placed at the salary point aligned to a number of factors, which include, but are not limited to, qualifications, previous relevant experience, current salary and market forces.
Please note that this vacancy may close before the published closing date if sufficient applications are received. If you are interested in this vacancy, please do apply as soon as possible.
Closing Date: 6th April 2021
Our very top priority is your wellbeing and that of our community. Please be assured that we are monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and continuing to follow the latest Government advice and to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, further information will be provided if you are invited to an interview.