Arable & Environmental Development Manager
J M Stratton & Co farm 6,000 acres on the southern edge of Salisbury Plain in Wiltshire, with 4,000 acres of combinable crops, 150,000 sqft of commercial property and significant renewable energy interests. We have 4 SSSI’s, and are in two higher level stewardship schemes. We are looking for the right person to help develop our arable business and guide our transition into the new agricultural support regime. The job will comprise:
* Assessing strengths and opportunities for our arable business, particularly in light of the changing support regime
* Discussing and implementing new ideas, opportunities and areas for developing our business
* Measuring success – compiling data, benchmarking etc
* Promoting our business – meetings, social media, managing the website, developing our brand
* Environmental management for home farm and clients to make the most of the new SFI & ELMS schemes as they come in
* Arable fieldwork at busy times (e.g. spring drilling and harvest)
* Helping with day to day record keeping
This job would suit a young graduate or similar, and would be an ideal chance to get a good grounding in a wide range of farming and countryside tasks.
Please message to send your CV or for more information. For more background, see
You can also apply for this role by clicking the Apply Button.