One of our local authority clients are currently recruiting for an Assistant Finance Business Partner. This is a temporary contract for 3 months with possible further extension based on budget and performance.
Main Purpose of Post/Job Summary
* Our new Assistant Finance Business Partner will join our Finance and Procurement team and help them deliver effective and efficient finance support to the West of England Combined Authority.
* To play an active role in helping to establish reporting routines including month- end reporting, statutory reporting, budgets, and commentaries.
* To support the provision of effective and efficient financial information through proactive business partnering and providing financial modelling assistance when required.
* Represent the team on inter- and intra-departmental working groups (e.g. Service Director’s Management Teams) and/or external groups to provide financial advice as and when required.
* To contribute to specific project teams and where necessary take on the role of an independent project leader within the financial environment, ensuring that all projects meet their objectives.
* Assist with the provision of financial training to colleagues from outside the finance team.
* Under supervision of the Lead Business Partner, monitor income, expenditure, and outturn predictions, identifying and communicating unexpected budget variances, budget volatility and monitoring the validity of budget management decisions against accountancy rules and regulations.
* Assist in the creation and production of the monthly management accounts pack within agreed timescales as set out within the team’s objectives.
* Assist the Lead Business Partner in the production of budgets and revised forecasts for WECA.
* Liaise with budget managers on a monthly basis to establish the cause of budget or forecast variances when comparing to actual results.
* Effectively handle queries from key budget managers, and proactively help them to manage costs in their areas of the business through business partnering.
* To assist in producing final accounts in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards including the production of disclosure notes and supplementary financial analysis.
* To assist in the production of streamlined reports from the financial system that automates the production of the information required for the submission of returns.
* To prepare and proactively contribute to reports for directors and managers and political decision makers clearly identifying the financial effects of policy and other corporate proposals on the delivery of services.
* Ensure that optimum functional use is made of the financial system and that all budget managers can undertake basic enquiries to track their budget position.
The above is a brief overview of the role, details and specification will be provided should you be successful. If interested in this position, please send your CV to Jahker Miah at Coyle Personnel Ltd