Do you have experience of directly managing and leading a team to achieve objectives in a target driven, stakeholder/customer focused environment?
If you like the idea of running a £multi-million store and inspiring your team to be proud of everything you’ve achieved together, you’re going to find this a hugely rewarding role.
One day could find your sorting out deliveries, placing orders and scheduling hours to meet productivity targets. The next, you might be focused on people management and performance, handling customer queries or carrying out till spot checks. And all the while you’ll handle the over-riding goals of maximising sales in your store, ensuring great customer service, minimising costs and optimizing productivity.
Our Assistant Store Managers are passionate about doing well; motivating and developing their teams to deliver excellent customer service.
* All aspects of employee management, development and people performance.
* Strong operational mind-set with the ability to make short and long term business decisions.
* Providing excellent customer service and maintaining consistent high standards.
* Strong leadership skills and due diligence.
* Passion for success and ability to motivate employees.
* Minimising costs and optimising productivity.
* Management of company property, cost control and sales figures.
* Regular communication with the Area Manager to ensure best practice in sales development, stock control and financial management of the store.
Essential Skills Required:
* An experienced people-manager.
* Used to leading teams in a fast-paced, stakeholder/customer driven environment.
* Skilled in time management, cost control and boosting productivity.
* Motivated to consistently achieve targets.
* £32,830 rising to £40,035 after 4 years
* Five-day/48-hour week, will include weekends.
* 5 weeks annual leave, plus bank holidays.
* Full training provided for your first 6 months with us, continued support throughout your career with Aldi.
* Company pension from commencement.
* Private Employee Medical Insurance after 6 months.
* Company sick pay scheme.
* Company maternity, paternity and adoption leave after 2 years.
* Long service rewards.
* All employees have access to a 24/7 online wellness portal offering information and guidance on (Physical, Mental, Nutritional, Financial and Social), as well as other wellbeing related benefits.
* Lifestyle benefits accessed through our MyAldi app, offering lifestyle perks, such as gym membership discounts, discounted cinema tickets and money off holidays.
*Please note, the salary displayed is based on a 48 hours per week contract. Aldi are also able to offer 40 and 45 hour contracts and in these instances the salary offered would be pro-rated.
Please submit all applications as soon as possible.