CAD Technician (2D & 3D role)
£25,000 to £32,000 + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Pension
CAD Technician required by an innovative and green hi-tech start-up company. This is a varied 2D & 3D role that will involve creating high quality detailed technical drawings.
This challenging and varied position will suit candidates with 2D & 3D experience and either a mechanical, electrical or construction / civils background.
This is an exciting chance to really put your stamp on a position and positively impact a business. You will create high quality technical drawings and plans based on designs supplied by the designers. You will use a variety of CAD software programmes to create 2D & 3D designs.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for an expanding innovative start up. You will work with a fantastic team who will mentor you to expand you skill sets. Long term career progression is on offer.
The CAD Technician Role:
* Create high-quality detailed technical drawings and plans based on designs supplied by engineering designers and make modifications to existing drawings
* Use a variety of CAD software programmes to create designs in 2D and 3D models
* Liaise with engineers and designers to understand their design requirements and provide technical advice to manufacturing and construction technicians
* Provide accurate, detailed and to scale drawings
* Ensure drawings are compliant with industry and health and safety standards and protocols
* Calculate costs and apply knowledge of materials and engineering principles to check feasibility of manufacture and construction of the product
* Conduct site visits and surveys when required
* Present working drawings for use in all stages of the project, tender, manufacture/construction and installation
* Produce installation and manufacturing documentation
The CAD Technician:
* Experienced CAD Technician with 2D and 3D skills
* Can be from a mechanical, electrical or construction / civils background
* Knowledge of engineering principles and ability to create and read technical drawings
* IT skills and experience using computer-aided design software such as Autocad and Solidworks
* The ability to transfer, display and manipulate your work using Microsoft Office and other programmes
* Attention to detail to create accurate and detailed drawings
* Communication skills and relationship building to work with other engineers to understand and interpret their designs and to achieve project deadlines
* Mathematical skills to complete calculations and estimates