A fantastic opportunity has become available for an organised and creative individual to join this expanding retail organisation. You will be supporting the Merchandising and Buying teams in ensuring the very best products are sourced and bought into the ranges.
This is an exciting, diverse role with the potential for excellent career progression
* Assist the buyer and merchandiser in sourcing, developing, selecting ranges according to the direction agreed by Buying Director, Buyer and Merchandiser.
* To contact suppliers for product information as required, including samples, images, price quotations and other essential product information via the house quote sheet
* To be a point of contact for suppliers for product specifications, samples, forecasting and stock availability.
* To set up and input product data into ‘Jumpstart’ spreadsheets for different catalogue brands / seasons both for selection and systemic upload purposes
* To hand over and brief the category page layouts to the production team, according to the direction agreed by Buying Director, Buyer and Merchandiser. To be the point of liaison between Production and Category Pod.
* Provide specific support for Final Selection and Photography/ Copy Brief: brief sheets to be completed by the Senior Buyer, ensuring all samples are received for selection meetings and set up product meeting room with all relevant new samples and competitor references
* Attend product selection meetings
* To undertake specific projects at the request of the Senior Buyer or Merchandiser i.e. comparative retail shopping, price comparisons to competitive catalogues, category or product research. Analysis to include pricing, margin, returns.
* Liaise with supplier on forecasting and ensure we have contracts for all products to be sold.
* Liaising with suppliers on sales performance and demand planning to ensure continuity of supply to maximise sales.
* Create summary pack for the Range Review meeting to include any analysis, key performance indicators, and matching range back to key element of the category strategy.
* Contribute to planning, trade and sales meetings with the ability to analyse information.
* Initiating and managing the critical path for imports, and providing updates against schedules.
* Management of all purchase orders both domestic and import