Chartered Surveyors specialising in Residential Property, are looking for a Chartered Building Surveyor to join their team. You will ideally be located in the Bristol region and have the facility to work from home.
There is a lot of work right now and they are ideally looking for someone for an immediate start.
You will be responsible for the following:
– Carry out defect insurance diagnosis reports
– Carry out residential property pre-acquisition Building Surveys
– Project manage/coordinate production of any investigative specialist reports required to address insurance reinstatement
– Produce schedules of repair, etc and tender docs
– Produce pre tender estimate reports
– Manage tender process in conjunction with policy holder and loss adjuster
– Calculate VAR when required
– Carry out tender analysis reports
– Notify and instruct successful contractor
– Prepare contract documents (typically JCT standard form)
– Update the loss adjuster with monthly progress reports throughout PM /CA process
– Contract Administer reinstatement works in accordance with spec, schedule and contract.
– Chair site meetings, etc
– Liaise with Policy holder(s) to ensure they are kept fully informed at all times.
– Certify all contract stages of JCT, as necessary
– Produce and agree contractor’s final accounts.
You will ideally be a Chartered Building Surveyor (MRICS or FRICS) with post qualification experience in a similar role so you are confident to hit the ground running.
Due to the nature of the role and extent of travel you must have a valid UK driving license and access to a vehicle for business use.
A high level of IT proficiency is essential with technical knowledge and competence is required along with a proven ability to build long lasting professional relationships with clients and colleagues.
£40.000 to – £55,000 DOE – salary guide only – Salary will depending on your level of experience and ability, there is a senior post available for someone with extensive experience in a Senior level and also for someone with 1 or 2 years PQE.
Benefits include a profit related bonus scheme, car allowance, pension contributions, annual leave increasing with each year of service, flexible working hours and more.
CV’s will be reviewed and successful applicants will be contacted and provided with the client details. Only with your permission is your CV submitted