Do you have background in sales and/or procurement commercial management?
Do you have demonstrable experience in drafting and negotiation of complex contracts?
Do you have previous experience working with the government / defence / security clients?
If you have answered yes to these questions, then please get in touch, as this role could be a great opportunity for you.
Bristol / Cheltenham / Aldershot
A well-established engineering consultancy is looking for a Commercial Officer to join their team in assessing all bids and contracts, providing drafting and leading negotiations as required; creating bespoke agreements for presales and sales activity, including all supply chain agreements.
The successful candidate will initially be drafting and checking a range of agreements. Full training will be provided and upon completion, you will then have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the work and take on increasingly challenging activities.
This is a full time, permanent role to be based in either of the following locations: Bristol / Aldershot / Cheltenham. Please note that the team is based in Bristol hence travelling to this location to work for a period of time will be required.
* Drafting and agreement of sales and procurement agreements.
* Analysis and negotiation of contract terms and conditions.
* Analysis and agreement of NDAs, MOUs, teaming agreements, JVs.
* Reviewing and approving proposals, prime and sub-contracts, ensuring adherence to company governance requirements and procedures.
* Providing commercial support to bid teams, including supporting the development of the commercial elements of tender responses and influencing early bid strategy.
* Commercial risk identification, mitigation and management.
* Providing commercial support throughout contract delivery.
* Input to approvals processes, attendance and input at bid and governance meetings.
* Training non-commercial staff in commercial and procurement issues.
* Development of commercial processes and procedures.
* A degree in Law / Business Studies / Engineering / Science / Technology or similar at an equivalent qualification level.
* Experience in sales and/or procurement commercial management, willing to work in both fields.
* Ability to analyse, interpret and draft contractual wording with a strong attention to detail.
* Experience of negotiating complex contract terms with suppliers and/or clients.
* Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* The ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines under pressure.
* Willingness to undertake continued skills development with a view to taking on additional responsibilities and wider business role.
* Good grasp of contract law and contractual documents including NDAs, MOUs, teaming agreements, sub- and prime contracts used in a consulting environment (desirable).
* Knowledge of industry and government contracts including but not limited to CCS, aerospace, defence and MOD (desirable).
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business