We are looking for an enthusiastic, detailed orientated individual to join our EMEA Tax team. A fantastic opportunity to develop your knowledge of tax legislation across different EMEA countries and how these apply in a complex multi-national company!
Founded in 1978, Computershare employs over 12,000 people across the globe, providing services in over 21 countries to more than 25,000 clients. With a market capitalisation value of over $7 billion, Computershare has a group turnover of over $2 billion per annum. A global market leader in transfer agency and share registration, employee equity plans, proxy solicitation, mortgage/loans services and communications, we also specialise in a range of other diversified financial and governance services and are a trusted partner of the UK Government.
We have three key values that drive everything we do:
* Advantage – Unlock our clients’ competitive advantage
* Certainty – Count on us to deliver every time
* Ingenuity – Look beyond today’s problems to find tomorrow’s solutions
About the Role
Reporting to the Head of Direct Tax for EMEA, the Corporate Tax Manager will be responsible for the delivery of Corporate Tax Reporting and Compliance in the EMEA region and will work collaboratively across other global Finance teams, supporting continuous improvement and project related activity.
The EMEA region incorporates a large number of legal entities across 9 different jurisdictions.
The EMEA Tax team are part of Computershare’s Finance function, who is responsible for providing transactional accounting services; treasury, financial planning, analysis, reporting and commercial finance support to all business units and functions throughout Computershare, across all global locations.
Tax Governance and Risk Management
* Responsible for ensuring that direct tax risk is identified in the region
* Partner with stakeholders in the tax team, finance and the wider business to understand the tax risks to provide ad hoc advice and suggestions for mitigation where appropriate
Compliance and Reporting
* Work with external advisors to prepare and submit an allocation of the corporation tax computations and returns for all UK companies and non-UK companies (including Ireland, South Africa, Jersey, Switzerland, Germany and Spain).
* Manage payment of all corporate tax liabilities across the region
* Preparation of statutory account tax disclosures, dealing with tax audit queries and providing tax review for statutory accounts within the region
* Undertaking Full and Half Year reporting to the listed overseas parent company including preparation and submission of tax reporting packs for an allocation of the more complex companies within the region. Working with Financial Control to assist their completion of reporting for the simpler regional entities.
* Work with Group Finance to ensure reporting requirements are understood and met
* Manage the outsourced UK R&D tax credit and Capital Allowance claims process
* Assist with tax authority enquiries and audits as they arise across the region
* Work closely with the Head of Direct Tax – EMEA and the EMEA International Tax Manager to reflect the results of project work in Corporate tax compliance
* Work with the Head of Direct Tax – EMEA to prepare and manage documentation and review of Corporate Tax risks, processes and controls
* Responsible for ensuring other tax compliance and reporting requirements in the region are met including withholding taxes, Economic Substance Requirements, Country-by-Country reporting and Tax Transparency.
Required Skills, Experiences and Competencies:
* Expert knowledge and significant practical experience in all aspects of Corporate Tax disciplines including processes, procedures, systems, theories and practices
* Experience of working in a corporate tax department of an accountancy practice or in-house corporate tax team
* Exposure to multinational company tax management and international and cross-border tax issues
* Excellent senior stakeholder business partnering skills
* Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach more junior members of the team
* Ability to manage multiple global projects at any one time
* Experience of working with external advisors on a regular basis
Education & Qualifications:
* A professional tax, accounting or business qualification such as ACA, ACCA, or CTA or equivalent
A Truly Diverse Place to work
Computershare celebrates the diversity of our people and we welcome applications from everyone.
We believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our customers’ needs to allow us to drive better outcomes.
Keeping Our Employees Safe
We’re currently performing all interviews, assessments and background checks online to ensure the safety of everyone involved. Most of our employees are working remotely. For people who need to be in the office we’re following government guidelines on safe working. This includes regular cleaning, maintaining safe distances and limiting the number of people in the office at any one time.
Should you be successful in securing a role and it can be performed from home, we will arrange for equipment to be sent to you and your onboarding and training will be provided remotely.
The welfare of our employees is of paramount importance to us, and we will continue to do everything we can to keep our people safe during this difficult time.
We pride ourselves on offering continuous training & development. Appropriate training will be provided as the role demands ensuring the individual is set-up for success.
On joining us, you can expect to receive a competitive salary, flexible working and access to our benefits package on a fixed term contract.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo the Computershare Pre-Employment Screening Process before commencing employment. Employment will be subject to satisfactory clearance on background checks including Identification, Passport Validation, Finance, Qualification, Employment / Personal referencing and Criminal Record Basic Disclosure checks.