We are looking for Data Cabling Engineers to join our growing team.
You must be competent in installing, terminating and testing data and voice network hardware and cabling, including Cat5e, Cat6, Multicore (CW1308), and Fibre Optics to internationally recognised standards.
Our customers are spreadout across the UK so travel and overnight stays are sometimes required.
Skills required: –
– Knowledge of voice and data cable installation, termination, and testing, including all equipment required to fulfil these duties.
– Ability to drive Talkwire vehicles whilst taking due care of expensive equipment during transportation.
– Excellent dexterity for complex and detailed cabling termination in confined spaces, as well as the operation of the required tools.
– The ability to work at heights (training will be provided if not already taken), and in a variety of environments during installations and cabling work.
– Good communication skills.
– Excellent customer care and listening skills.
– Ability to recognise and report any unexpected or unusual occurrences whilst performing an installation with regards to the equipment or software being installed.
– Ability to recognise risk during site survey work and report appropriately.
Please note that every applicant will be assessed only in accordance with their qualifications, merit, and ability to do the job