JN Technical are currently recruiting a Design Coordinator for a specialist structural engineering company. The successful applicant will be co-ordinating the technical aspects of multi million pound projects across the commercial, industrial, retail and energy sectors.
As the new Design Co-ordinator you will join a market leading Tier 2 subcontractor.
Design Co-ordinator Duties include
* Liaising with the production, planning, design and drawing departments
* Coordination of design deliverables produced by specialist subcontractors.
* Support the fulfilment of the design process for the pipeline of contracts safely, on time, and to the required quality while maintaining client’s satisfaction.
* Coordinating connection designs with structural engineer
* Coordinating 3D models with site surveys and other trades
* Writing RFI’s and issuing documents
* Maintaining drawing register
* Issuing GA’s for approval and fabrication packages.
* Managing change and reporting to the Project Quantity Surveyors
* Professional experience working with design and construction organisations
* Coordinate the design process to ensure the information is accurate, complete and in line with the agreed brief, specification and cost plan.
* Ensure effective coordination of information and provide guidance in the pre construction process to guarantee the information is accurate, complete and in line with the agreed brief, specification and cost plan.
* Assist in ensuring the project is developed to the companies BIM policy and standards
* Ensure internal technical standards and procedures are adhered to
Design Co-ordinator Experience
* Knowledge of steel structures (preferred)
* AutoCad (Tekla preferred)
* HNC in Engineering (or similar)