Summary There’s never been a more exciting time to work in Digital at the National Trust.
As a key member of our Digital Product team, you’ll play an important role in delivering our exciting digital roadmap and new enhancements to the Trust’s successful and award-winning digital portfolio, whilst supporting our cross-departmental digital marketing and communications strategy.
The role will work in partnership with a wider range of groups: from Agile IT delivery teams to Digital Channel and Content teams, external partners to senior internal sponsors and stakeholders. This will help to deliver the ambitious vision for the organisation as a whole and the charity’s digital strategy. What it’s like to work here This post is contractually based at our head office in Swindon, but the post is currently working from home due to Covid-19 restrictions. Once the restrictions ease, we will return to working from the office, our properties, or regional hubs but this is unlikely to exceed an average of 2 days per week. There will be an opportunity to explore and agree remote working arrangements which strike the right balance for you and the Trust.
We’re bigger than you think, we’re more complicated than we appear and we’re larger scale than you’d imagine. We’ve got passionate people in all our teams, and we’ve got so much more we want to achieve. We’re for ever, for everyone and we really mean that. We don’t want to stop at 5.5 million members and we want everyone to feel welcome and enjoy access to our places, so we need to reach new audiences in ways that are meaningful and relevant to them without losing the hearts and minds of those that are already with us.
Our central head office, Heelis, is situated in Swindon, Wiltshire. We’re well placed, with ample parking nearby, a shopping outlet with plenty of options for places to eat, and the town centre only a 10-minute walk away. Alternatively, you can enjoy our open plan atrium space for lunch times, with our internal café available every day. What you’ll be doing You’ll be responsible for maintaining and continually improving a number of digital products across the product lifecycle through BAU and project deliveries. Initially focused on the configuration, operation and development of our new website and holidays website, working closely with our holidays team, IT and Web Operations.
As an experienced and driven digital product manager, you’ll use the knowledge you’ve gained in delivering successful large and complex digital marketing products from idea to reality, employing project management practices, both Agile and PRINCE2, as well as your understanding of product development lifecycles.
Your track record of getting the best from your delivery teams and working in a highly collaborative way with colleagues will enable you to work closely with content, design and UX teams, championing user-centred practices to both serve and delight your target customers.
Please also read the full role profile, attached to this advert Who we’re looking for To be successful in this role you will need to:
* Demonstrate Digital Product/Project management lifecycles, processes and practices knowledge, including governance requirements to a level of subject matter expert
* Be an experienced practitioner of Agile delivery methods
* Show successful management of major, strategic or complex product portfolios in a multi-disciplined environment focused on digital marketing, web, app and internet technologies
* Have experience of developing Digital Product Strategies and Roadmaps
* Possess significant experience in planning and estimating, including financial considerations
* Have experience managing development of and working directly with large-scale CMS and other data driven systems The package
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
* Flexible working whenever possible
* Free parking at most locations
* Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
* Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
* Generous annual leave
* Subsidised health cash plan
* Free 24-hour support service
* Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
* Training & Development tailored to you
* Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.