Electrical Engineer – Aviation/Power
Up to £45 p/hour (inside IR35)
My client is seeking an experienced engineer to join their busy team. The successful candidate will have the ability to work remotely for now but must be prepared to go to site on occasion.
* Demonstrate your electrical knowledge managing requirements, designing, verifying and testing electrical systems.
* Use your knowledge of the product development life cycle to provide technical support to the team and the wider business.
* Be familiar with technologies in Power switching and control circuitry.
* Have excellent technical problem-solving skills; to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions (ie common sense approach, not embarrassed to ask the “obvious” questions).
* Have experience of working in a team environment delivering products to cost and schedule.
* Experience of using: Mentor Capital or equivalent schematic electrical design toolset.
* A working knowledge of software and systems design.
* Exposure to the mechanical design of electrical packaging.
* Knowledge of Electrical Wiring Installation System (EWIS) regulatory.
* An understanding of regulatory and safety requirements for safety critical products (ideally gained in an avionics or similar environment).
* Ability to understand and be involved in all phases of the product development life cycle
* You will be expected to play an active part in the design and development of new products from concept through to manufacture and beyond.
Please submit your CV in the first instance.