Electrician – Test and Inspection
Location : You will be permanently working from HMP Erlestoke, SN10 5TU
Salary : £33K – £36K per annum, DOE
Contract : Full time, permanent
Who are we?
We are Gov Facility Service Ltd, a non-profit company owned entirely by the Ministry of Justice, supplying facilities management services to 50 prisons over the South and East of the UK with over 1,400 staff.
We are three years young, with a head office in London and dozens of opportunities to work across the south of England. But we’re growing fast.
It’s a great time to get involved and help shape the future of the company – and forge a great career at the same time.
Why join us?
You will become a key worker which provided job security throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Become part of a high-performance organisation which has a people focused culture.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for highly motivated, customer-oriented people from all walks of life to bring the right skills to our organisation.
This means you could be on the first rung of your career – or someone who has decades of experience in a technical environment. Or, you could be ex Forces and seeking the ideal place to use your considerable experience in civilian life.
What do we offer?
Amongst the many benefits, you’ll enjoy real job security, a competitive salary and 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays on top).
Our company pension kicks in on day one.
People matter to us. Therefore, everyone at GFSL can access impressive health and wellbeing support services. As we reach the one-year anniversary of COVID, we take the safety of our people very seriously. That’s why a core value is ‘Everyone goes home safe’.
We are seeking an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to assume responsibility for the following:
* Testing and inspection of electrical services within the prison estate.
* Maintenance, installation and repair of electrical systems.
* Ensuring that any unsafe electrical installations are managed safely and professionally.
* Advising the site management team of any existing or new electrical installations that are unsafe or that do not meet currently regulatory standards.
* Fault finding and ensuring satisfactory fault rectification.
You must be able to demonstrate the following Qualifications and Experience:
* Electrician qualified to C&> 2367 or 2357 (Electrical Installation) and NVQ level 3 in Electrical Installations or equivalent with at least five years’ experience working as an electrician
* Qualified to C&> 2391 – Electrical inspection and testing
* Must have a certificate in BS7671 – The Requirements for Electrical Installations,17th or 18th Edition.
* Two years’ experience working in a role as a test and inspection electrician or equivalent
* Experience working on commercial or industrial electrical systems
You will need to meet our stringent vetting requirements and satisfy pre-employment checks.
Why not apply today and we’ll be in touch?
No agencies please.