Embedded Software Tester, Linux, Python, C, C++ Remote
A great opportunity has arisen as an Embedded Software Tester for a global company, based in Wiltshire. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology and be suited to working in a team of engineers. Key technologies required include Python, C, C++ and Linux.
The role is currently remote with a planned return to being on site 2 days a week post-covid.
* To design, implement and run integration and end-to-end testing on “full-stack” connected prototype products.
* Work in a multi-disciplinary team including mobile and cloud Developers, app and product UX/UI designers and electronics and mechanical engineers.
* Collaborate with experts in different disciplines within the NST team.
* Be independent and methodical with excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
Essential Technical Experience
* Experience working with Embedded Linux platforms (eg Raspberry Pi).
* Understanding of software testing techniques, and previous experience in Embedded software test.
* Understanding of basic hardware design concepts and ability to troubleshoot hardware using lab equipment such as oscilloscopes or logic analysers.
* Good programming skills with Python/C/C++, with experience on Embedded platforms.
* Confident working with Linux command line and scripts.
* Understanding of Embedded systems design and integration.
* Good software and rapid prototyping experience.
* Knowledge of IoT protocols (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth Low Energy, MQTT etc).
* Ability to work with version control systems (eg Git).
* Understanding of Agile scrum methodologies and/or SAFe.
Please note the role has been deemed inside of IR35
* Maximum rate to umbrella company £450
* Maximum rate to Ltd company £397.80