As a result of considerable and impressive UK growth, several experienced Field Service Engineers with strong knowledge of plant / construction / specialist machinery are required to carry out maintenance and repairs for a wide-spread customer base (UK wide) and for an internationally renowned equipment manufacturer working a basic 39-hour week but with as much overtime as you want, nearly doubling your basic salary in terms OTE p/a (overtime paid at x1.5 rate after 39 hours). This role comes with a top spec Mercedes Sprinter Van, plus fuel card.
This quality plant machinery / specialist machinery manufacturing company is celebrated globally for its market-leading products, its fantastic customer-focused service and its implementation of tried and tested high quality standards.
As a Field Service Engineer you will often be acting as the face of the company using your Engineering skills to repair and service the variety of mobile plant equipment normally on customer sites, providing them with a trusted and efficient service.
These roles would suit Engineering professionals with innovative, analytical, mechanical, and technical mindset along with the ability to portray a professional, courteous image of the company at all times is absolutely essential, as customer focus / customer service is paramount in this role.
Engineering Duties in this key role are:
* Attending customer sites to conduct and complete scheduled engineering repairs and services on the specialist plant machinery and plant equipment.
* Communicating effectively with the office coordination team ensuring the effective planning and delivery of the set engineering services schedule.
* To always represent the Company in a professional manner.
* Carrying out all works (Mechanical, Basic Electrical, Hydraulics, Pneumatic plus other) to a high-quality standard meeting the client’s expectations.
* Completing all required service / engineering paperwork and reports.
* Carry out machinery and engineering testing to ensure accurate fault diagnosis.
* Ensure levels of spare parts and van stock are always adequate to complete works.
* Carrying out machinery commissions, machinery demonstrations and operator familiarisation as required by the company as part of the customer service delivery.
* On-call rota one Saturday in every ten Saturday’s so c.5 times per annum only.
Skills & Experience:
* Good knowledge and experience of repairing / servicing plant machinery equipment or specialist machinery, preferably large mobile plant on customer sites.
* Hold an NVQ 3 in Mechanical Engineering / Plant Maintenance or equivalent.
* Vast overtime available to nearly double your salary (x1.5 rate, after 39 hours)
* Must be keen to develop and learn new skills and gain new knowledge.
* Happy to travel extensively throughout the UK, including some overnight stays.
* A positive “can do” attitude is essential.
* Be able to read technical diagrams for the machineries parts, hydraulics and electrical components and troubleshoot all systems effectively.
* Customer service focused Engineering professional
* Strong analytical, mechanical, and problem-solving skills with an enquiring mind.
* Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
This role could suit an Engineering professional working as: Plant Fitter, Plant Engineer, Workshop Fitter, Workshop Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Service Engineer, Aftersales Engineer, Mechanical Fitter, Plant Mechanic, Plant Maintenance Engineer, Depot Engineer or similar within in similar sectors.
Interviews to take place immediately with an immediate start for those with no notice period