Finance Specialist Innovate UK EDGE (FTC)
Abbots Leigh, Bristol
Business West is a newly-certified B Corp with 200 staff and a turnover of £12 million, of which around 70% comes from Government and European funded contracts. 21,000 businesses trust us to help them start, grow, innovate and export – as well as lobby government on their behalf. Profits are reinvested back into the business in order to achieve our mission.
We are now looking for a Finance Specialist to join our team as a remote worker with a base at Leigh Court, our beautiful Grade II listed building near Bristol, initially for a fixed-term contract until March 2022 with the hope to extend beyond that.
– Salary of £38,000 – £41,000 per annum depending on experience
– Laptop and mobile phone
– BHSF health cash plan scheme
– Life cover (x4 salary)
– 25 days’ holiday pro rata plus Bank Holidays (rising to 28 days after three years’ service)
– Your birthday off
– Volunteer up to two days per year
– Subscription to Headspace
This is the ideal role for a business advisory professional with a background of support SMEs to advance their career whilst making a huge difference to businesses across the South West.
Joining our people-focused organisation, you will discover that we understand success comes from having the right people on board. As such, we offer superb support and everything you will need to make a success of this exciting role.
As a Finance Specialist working within the Innovate UK EDGE service delivered by Business West, you will support some of the most ambitious, innovative SMEs in the South West, and help them to grow and scale.
You will work closely with businesses to help them fully understand the financial options appropriate to support their growth and innovation plans.
You will build close working relationships with highly innovative companies, providing constructive in-depth insight that will assist in the formulation of effective finance raising strategies.
Key to this is the requirement to work with the company to assess their strategy, discuss plans, and provide suggestions on best practice.
Ultimately the goal is to increase the financial literacy of innovative companies in the South West, make them better prepared for raising finance, and support them through the process.
Specifically, you will:
– Provide specialist finance support and advice to SME’s on a one-to-one basis
– Support SME clients to gain an understanding of the innovation and commercial finance landscape.
– Upskill clients on financial management best practice, including financial forecasting,
– Work with clients and advisers to develop a finance raising strategy.
– Where appropriate support the financial application process. For instance, provide critical support for companies preparing for investment
– Liaise with departments, ensuring all programme materials are accurate and updated
To be considered as a Finance Specialist, you will need proven experience of supporting and advising SMEs throughout the business lifecycle.
Business West is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassment, and in which all decisions are based on merit.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Finance Specialist, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency