Home Breaking Friends of mum in Abdul Ezedi chemical attack give health update

Friends of mum in Abdul Ezedi chemical attack give health update

42
0
Friends of mum in Abdul Ezedi chemical attack give health update

Friends of the woman attacked with corrosive liquid in London while in a car with her children say she remains under sedation. Posting on a GoFundMe page to raise money for those attacked in Clapham, south London, they said the extent of the damage to her vision was still unknown.

Police suspect Abdul Ezedi committed the awful attack before later leaping into the River Thames from Chelsea Bridge, where he was last seen leaning over railings on CCTV recordings, the Mirror reports. More than £41,000 has now been raised for the woman.

An update on the fundraising site on Sunday, which has now raised more than £41,000, read: “We can’t believe we’ve almost reached £40,000 in just a few days. Every donation, share and comment on this page has been a ray of light during this very difficult time.

“So many of us are struggling financially right now, so seeing over 2000 of you contribute really means the world. Beyond the money raised, knowing the family has so much support in the community will be so powerful for their recovery and help them feel safe again.

“Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Mum continues to be sedated in the hospital. We still don’t know the full extent of damage to her vision.

“We appreciate anything and everything you can do to keep building support. As Katie Piper highlighted in her Instagram post, ‘burns treatment is a long process and going over target is still very much needed.’ Finally, we want to pay tribute to the wonderful NHS staff. The family are getting the best care from an incredibly talented and caring team.”



Abdul Ezedi, bottom right wearing a black jacket, crosses over Chelsea Bridge and enters Battersea Park
Footage of Abdul Elzedi near Chelsea Bridge

Commander Jon Savell said on Friday: “Our enquiries continue but we have been very closely following all the available evidence for the past week and indications are now that Ezedi entered the water. We have tracked him since the moment the attack happened walking for four hours through London, in the main hugging the river.

“He is a man who had just carried out the most horrific attack, and was suffering from significant injuries himself which must have been causing him an extraordinary amount of pain.

“It is just over four miles from Tower Hill, where he was seen leaving the tube station, to Chelsea Bridge. He walks purposefully. Halfway across Chelsea Bridge he pauses and paces back and forth towards the railings, as well as looking over them, this is a change in behaviour. Then he is lost from sight.

“We have been closely liaising with a variety of experts through the National Crime Agency throughout the course of this investigation. Those experts have considered our latest information. At that time of night, at this time of year, and entering the water from the middle of a bridge at height, the chances of Ezedi surviving are extremely remote. The Thames current is very strong which is an additional factor.

“Our Marine Policing Unit will be carrying out boat searches at low tide in the area over the coming days. We have not recovered a body at this stage. We have updated Ezedi’s family this afternoon with these latest developments and they are being supported by a specialist family liaison officer. Notwithstanding the horrific crime Ezedi committed, his family undoubtedly will be struggling to come to terms with the events of the last week and this latest development.



Picture issued by the Metropolitan Police of 35-year-old Abdul Ezedi
Abdul Ezedi

“We still have some enquiries to complete. But having looked at all the possible camera angles, we are as satisfied as we can be at this stage about what has happened to Ezedi. Our team of detectives will continue with a range of other enquiries to be as certain as we can about the exact events of that night.”

He added: “We remain immensely grateful to all those who called – the public support for our investigation has been tremendous and I want to thank all those who helped.

“Our thoughts are also with the 31-year-old woman who remains in a critical but stable condition sedated in hospital on her long road to recovery.”

This post was syndicated via RSS Feeds provided by Bristol Live. Visit the original source article here: http://bristolpost.co.uk/

Previous articleRovers chairman outlines bold three-year plan in open letter to supporters
Next articleEastEnders star teases extended episode as fans await revelation

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here