Graduate Accountancy Trainee
This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate to join the central finance team of a major UK company that is part of an international group. This new scheme is ideal for a bright and inquisitive Trainee Accountant who loves to learn through practical experience as you will be actively involved in all aspects of finance from an early stage when joining the company.
Reporting to the finance manager and working within a team of part-qualified and qualified accounts you will be supported with you study towards CIMA or ACCA qualification. Your role will be part office and part ‘work from home’ so you will have the opportunity to be fully engaged in a team working environment and also the flexibility to work independently from home. The office, based near Cheltenham, are bright, open plan and modern, providing an excellent learning environment!
What will you be doing?
You will gain experience in all aspects of financial accounting and management reporting, from transaction processing through to assisting with the month end accounts production – working to deadlines but ensuring accuracy and attention to detail at all times. You will be actively encouraged to identify efficiency improvements (better processes) and get involved in projects to implement them.
What are we looking for?
Interviews for this opportunity will take place during week commencing 24th May.
Candidates will be selected for interview who can demonstrate the following:
* A recent degree, ideally in a business focused subject e.g. Business Studies, Economics, Mathematics, Accounting
* Some practical work experience, ideally in finance, gained through an internship or work placement
* Good IT skills including Excel
* Strong problem solving skills and an inquisitive approach
* A genuine interest in pursuing a long term career in finance – this position has been created for future succession planning and promotion.
* A commitment to qualify as an Accountant via CIMA or ACCA
* Great attention to detail and able to meet deadlines
* Outgoing and sociable – able to communicate and present in an articulate and engaging manner
* Self-motivated and able to work on your own initiative but thrive in a teamwork environment
The company will offer a competitive salary of up to £22,000 plus study support, 25 days annual holiday, pension and other large company benefits