Head of IT – Infrastructure
Fantastic opportunity available for an experiences Technology Leader to join an incredibly high performing Fintech organisation with a global reach. They are looking for someone to centralise core IT with line management responsibilities of the following System Administrators, Network Engineers
And VMWare Administrators.
This is a varied opportunity balancing leadership, technical strategy and stake holder engagement, some of your responsibilities will include:
* Meets SLAs for infrastructure performance and availability, works to reduce mean time between failures and mean time to recovery.
* Directly manage 10 people (with the view of increasing to 15-20 in the next year).
* Resolves incidents and service requests within SLA.
* Maintain accurate documentation regarding the infrastructure.
* Ensure compliance with industry requirements
* Apply critical security patches and resolves critical vulnerabilities
* Defines and implements improvements to System Architecture
* Maintains systems’ compliance with standards and implements consistency between QA, UAT and production environments.
* Optimises data centre utilisation to manage costs.
* Conduct periodic failover tests for critical infrastructure.
* Responsible for the production and preproduction infrastructure architecture.
* Co-ordinates team activities and task prioritisation.
* Performs daily, weekly, monthly system checks.
* Ownership for writing, reviewing and implementing changes to the organisation environments.
* Maintains systems documentation, ensuring it is maintained in line with change implementation. This includes Build Standards, Asset Register, Service Deployment, Build Process for provisioning new environments, system specific documentation, monitoring and alerting process and back-up policy.
* Reports on capacity, performance and recommendations for network architecture
* Proactively communicates status of tasks
* Automation of key tasks
* Security and resilience including scanning and patching cycles
You will have the following skills and experience:
* Very strong Focus on Automation tools
* Strong experience with Firewalls, Switching, Virtualisation, Load Balancers
* Experience of directly managing large Infrastructure teams.
* Network Architectures including segmentation
* Security (PCI DSS preferred) Pen Testing, Patching
* Designing Architecture for resilience and availability
* Strong communicator, both written & oral. Able to explain technical issues and solutions to different levels of the organization including senior management and executives
What’s in it for you?
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experience technology leader who is looking for a challenge and the opportunity to really make a difference in their role. If you’re looking to join an organisation with a reputation for looking after its employees and offering career development opportunities – this is not to be missed.
You’ll also be rewarded with a 10% bonus, excellent employee discounts, 1-2 days WFH per week and a healthy learning & development budget!
Due to the urgency of the requirement my client will conduct the interview process via video conference. They are also able to on board the successful applicant remotely.
My client is reviewing C.Vs this week, to be considered or to find out more information please get in touch either by email or to my direct line.
Email: (see below)