My clients digital strategy defines their ambition to be a customer centric, product-focused organisation. Having embarked upon that journey we are looking to further mature our product development and engineering capability and seeking a customer focused Head of Product Engineering to lead our multi-disciplinary development and test teams. You will provide technical direction, vision and leadership to empower our engineering teams, leveraging technologies new and old to ensure our products are robust, proven and most importantly, meet our customer’s needs.
Their products make a difference to their customer’s lives, and they will look to you to help them build on and out from their existing systems and services to deliver innovative new products. Working in an agile environment you will build successful teams, bringing together the engineering disciplines needed to deliver products at pace in line with our architecture principles and platform guardrails.
* To provide technical leadership and direction for the development and build of products and services, advising the business on how best to improve and deliver our products and services through technology.
* To own the product engineering pipeline across all of the clients software product lines, prioritising development efforts and executing these in line with company objectives.
* To ensure that product development is informed by a robust understanding of customer needs and together with the Head of Product Management resource product delivery according to the agreed engineering pipelines.
* To oversee complex technical projects (build, test and deploy), ensuring technical delivery of the product road-map by leading multi-disciplinary teams of product owners, business analysts and software developers to build high-quality, innovative, robust software for public release.
* Involvement in the full product development life cycle ensuring products are built to scale, security and recovery requirements agreed across the technology function.
Skills and Experience
* Has extensive industry experience in an agile product engineering environment, leading on multiple large scale and complex technical projects, including building and deploying large scale web and mobile applications that improve user experience.
* Has proven experience building, evolving and leading a ‘Product’ organisation. Building teams that create and operate software products through a range of sourcing models including in-sourcing and outsourcing to with 3rd party technology providers.
* Has extensive knowledge of product engineering principles and using them to deliver fast, test-driven product engineering services in order to release products faster to the customer.
* Has proven experience of managing multidisciplinary teams with a focus on delivery of products in a rapidly changing environment and enables fast adoption to changing requirements, even if it comes in the later phase of the product development.
* Substantial experience of building out from and replacing Legacy technologies and services
* Extensive experience of leveraging DevOps practices and automation technologies to drive rapid product engineering and deployment and managing a CI/CD pipeline.
* A deep understand of cloud-centric development and operating models leveraging IaaS, PaaS and SaaS capabilities to deliver customer-focused products.
* Has substantial experience and expertise in agile delivery techniques and methodologies (ideally including SAFe) to ensure continuous improvement and delivery
* Key engineering skills desired: .NET, Salesforce, MuleSoft, AWS Redshift and Angular desirable
If you are interested in this role, please submit an application below or contact Jon Hurry – Head of Public Sector (UK South) at (see below) to discuss further.