HGV Class 1 Driver/Valeter
£28,159.30 per annum
Overtime at time and a half & some at double time
(Mon – Fri 7:00 am to 5:00 pm)
All Applicants MUST hold a current HGV CLASS 1 (C+E) License, a digital tachograph and their full CPC
The company has been established for 60 years and it is a family run business that employs around 150 people across the UK; from these depots they operate approximately 2000 vehicles (of which 900 are above 3.5 tons). They have continued commitment to providing a quality service to both customers and employees.
The role will require you to deliver various types of HGV’s on behalf of our client from their depot based in Bristol, the company own 6 commercial vehicle fleet sites across the country, Bristol being the latest edition due to their continued growth and success in their industry and need for a presence in the South West of England.
You will be responsible for the delivery and collection of vehicles to and from customers’ depots/businesses or home addresses (you will be given a lift back to the depot or given train fair if the location is central – no trade plating!) as well as this you will be valeting vehicles, the role is 50/50 driving and valeting and therefore this position requires someone who is in good health with no Back/Knee complaints that could be aggravated by physical labour.
You will be required to fill out ‘check sheets’ at drop-off and pick-up, these are used to report any existing or new damages to the vehicles and therefore clear handwriting is essential.
Standard hours: 7:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday to Friday with 30 minutes’ unpaid lunch
* Pay Rate = £16.25 for the first hour’s work (7:00 am to 8:00 am)
* Standard Rate £10.83 per hour
Occasional Saturdays 7:00 – 12:00 pm (time and a half pay – £16.25 per hour)
* Some early starts on occasion – 5:00 am or 6:00 am – These are paid at double time – £21.66 per hour)
* All hours worked above 40 (past 5:00 pm) will be paid at time and a half £16.25 per hour
* Death in Service pay-out (Life Insurance): two times annual salary
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Anyone recommending HGV Class 1 or 2 Drivers to us, who are placed into one of our vacancies will be given £150.00