Acorn Recruitment is seeking a qualified and experienced HR Officer for their global manufacturing client based in North Bristol. This is a 12 month maternity cover position.
This is a fantastic role working for a blue chip company. Our client is offering £30,000 to £35,000 pa and a host of other benefits.
To be considered for this position you must have significant experience working in a manufacturing company in an HR capacity, with a minimum of CIPD Level 5.
* Lead and manage three direct reports (administration & reception) to ensure they undertake their responsibilities and carry out their duties efficiently and effectively.
* Support the HR strategy and goals in line with Company goals as directed by the HRM.
* Support the implementation of policies in line with Company goals as directed by the HRM. Working with the HRM to ensure compliance at all times with legal requirements and best practice.
* Maintain an awareness of the requirements within employment legislation, supporting the HRM ensuring that the Company follows best practice in all aspects of the management of co- workers, providing guidance on Company policy and procedure.
* Encourage and maintain sound co-worker relations by undertaking support during long term absenteeism, providing counselling and guidance and a smooth return to work.
* Effectively manage the HR systems, with particular focus on Workday and the Company Talent Management System. Provide training and support to co-workers and managers where necessary.
* Deliver all necessary Human Resources planning, recruitment and selection procedures to ensure the Company employs people of the right calibre, skills and experience commensurate with the role, with particular focus on Operational resource.
* Working with specialist recruitment organisations, including fee negotiation and vetting to Company standards.
* Support the communication mix within the business, to ensure co-workers are well informed on a timely basis. Includes, but not limited to – Works Council organisation and set up of meetings; co-worker surveys; completion and dissemination of monthly communication presentation.
* Build relationships with the line managers, providing HR advice, guidance and coaching on co-worker issues as and when they arise.
* Ensure the efficient and accurate administration of co-worker compensation and benefits including salary, bonus arrangements, pension, healthcare, car / car allowances etc. Completion of payroll instructions to external payroll provider on monthly basis.
* Prepare reports and work closely with internal and external auditors as required (specifically payroll).
* Oversee the administration of the Occupational Health Service to ensure all is carried out efficiently and correctly to Company standards.
* Support managers in a HR advisory capacity with investigations and prepare documentation to submit to HRM and next level manager making recommendations for next steps (as required) in line with statutory and
* Company policies and procedures. Participate in Hearings in a HR advisory capacity.
* Work with line managers to manage attendance counselling meetings and monitor changes and improvements accordingly.
Please forward your CV for consideration to: (url removed) or call (phone number removed)
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy