We are seeking an Instrumentation Technician to install and maintain automatic meter instrumentation on gas meters for commercial and industrial customers like schools. hospitals, factories in your local area. The role may also lead to working on the UK Gas Distribution Network and also the Water Network for the right candidates.
This is a full-time permanent position working for an outstanding Company who will provide full training, a vehicle and the equipment needed for the role.
Instrumentation Technician – Company Overview
The Company has an increasing number of long-term contracts covering all aspects of gas network monitoring, analysis and data provision. The contracts rely on accurate and efficient installation and maintenance of the firms’ instrumentation.
Instrumentation Technician – Benefits
* A starting salary of £19,000pa
* Starting salaries will then rise by a further £1,000pa after a trial period. Further increases will then follow annually based on experience and performance.
* A fully expensed company vehicle including a fuel card
* Full training and certifications are provided as part of the role
* 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
* Excellent prospects in a vital Industry
* All necessary tools, uniforms and equipment will be provided
* Mobile Phone
* Personal Pension Scheme
Instrumentation Technician – Daily Activities
* Working with office support staff you will follow a planned schedule visiting approximately 5-7 sites a day
* Installation and configuration of hand held electronic data collection, logging and recording equipment
* Achieving Service Level Agreements
* Self-management of workload
* Using handheld tools including drills and gas monitors
* Lifting, carrying and moving equipment
* Entry into confined spaces
Instrumentation Technician – The Candidate
* Full driving licence essential
* Previous electrical or mechanical experience an advantage
* You will be interacting with customers/clients on a daily basis so excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
* Strong computer and report writing skills
* Flexibility to accommodate business needs as you may be required to work away from home from time to time
If you think you have the necessary skills for this Instrumentation Technician role then please apply today