Hemmersbach provides IT infrastructure services in more than 190 countries with 50+ own subsidiaries. We deliver exclusively for the leading companies in the IT industry. As pragmatic problem solvers, we not only enthuse our customers, but also make the world a better place: 20% of our profits go into our Direct Actions Hemmersbach Rhino Force and Hemmersbach Kids’ Family. That’s why Hemmersbach is The Social Purpose IT Company.
IT Field Service Engineer
Location: Swindon Area
With hundreds of support engineers on many customer sites, it is inevitable that in times of expansion, or when extra help is needed, the PMO – our Project Management Office – is called upon to save the day. As a centrally managed team, the PMO field engineers operate autonomously from a specific client, supported throughout by a dedicated dispatch team and Service Delivery Manager.
You may have a variety of tickets to resolve throughout the day with several clients or have the opportunity to stay longer to resolve specific issues over a number of days. The variety of your working week is what makes the field engineer such a valuable member of Hemmersbach.
Principally, you will be supporting deskside, Network, software & print, and be helping teams that are working with many of the world’s biggest clients
Working within a designated support area, we provide you with all you need, from company van/car, to mobile phone, laptop, oyster card, tools etc. Beyond the occasional exception, which may involve a more remote client site, you’ll enjoy a normal Monday-Friday, 40hr week with us.
What we look for:
* Previous experience in the delivery of IT support services, ideally within the field.
* A friendly, engaging and professional demeanor as a primary “face” of Hemmersbach.
* Comfortable in a number of deskside technologies, ranging from Operating Systems, to Office, from Active Directory to Exchange, as well as troubleshooting network, server, tablet & phone.
* Confidence in addressing break/fix issues – Typically supporting PCs / Laptop
* Any Apple OSX, IoS and Mac experience would be desirable but certainly not essential.
* Above all, it is a willingness to take on the challenge of resolving a problem, sometimes facing technologies for the 1st time, taking a pride in a job well done and becoming a “safe-pair-of-hands”, keeping our client’s technology estate running smoothly.
* Due to the varied nature of the role, it may be subject to enhanced referencing or vetting.
* A highly regarded team member within an exponentially growing international company
* Variety: exciting projects and challenges daily and with autonomy
* Team Spirit: strong team spirit and a great working atmosphere in a friendly team
* Openness: Direct and informal communication even at management level
* Career Opportunities: Great possibilities for professional, personal and language training
* Initial Help: buddy programme to help you get started, a welcome pack included
* A support package that typically includes: pension, medical cash plan, company vehicle, fuel-card, Mobile phone, Laptop and equipment, as well as additional co-funded benefits.
Would you like to join our team?
Please send your CV, together with your availability to interview and salary expectations.
Reference ID: 7623
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent