GMP Recruitment are proud to be partnered with an established, global leader in the engineering, manufacture and application of insulation and passive fire protection systems. We are recruiting on their behalf for a Lab Technician to join their team on a full time, permanent contract, located in Gloucester.
Our client is going through a substantial period of growth and this opportunity can offer a stable and secure permanent working environment with continuous, exciting work.
The role purpose is to assist with the development and testing of composite subsea insulation and passive fire protection materials by carrying out laboratory studies.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an experienced laboratory team worker from a scientific background that demonstrate the ability to fully understand test methods and test plans.
Lab Technician main duties:
* Following precise instructions in the preparation of a range of test samples
* Setting up all appropriate equipment for testing
* Efficiently reporting on results from the studies
* Maintaining tools and equipment, including cleaning and safe storage
* Maintaining high levels of housekeeping; taking pride in your working areas
* Working in line with requirements of quality, health and safety, and environmental management systems.
Lab Technician desired skills and experience:
* From a scientific background with experience of working in a laboratory team
* Confident in reading and understanding test methods and test plans
* Capable of working to consistently high standards of accuracy
* Unfazed when working under pressure to strict deadlines
* Enthusiastic self-starters with strong organisational skills
* Clear communicators who can work well as part of a team and without constant supervision.
In-house training will be provided in the use of specific equipment; knowledge of materials science and testing, fire protection or insulation will be an advantage but is not essential.
IMMEDIATE START IS AVAILABLE FOR THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
The starting hourly rate for this position is £11.31 and you will receive excellent fringe benefits. The company offer great progression and development opportunities for their staff.
My client can provide a supportive team environment with good quality work. They also aim to promote a good work/life balance and are committed to the health and wellbeing of all staff.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency