Gloucestershire College has an exciting opening for an experienced Lecturer in Games Design and Development to join our growing Computing department based at our Gloucester Campus.
Are you passionate about computing, gaming and learning? Then this is a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving team and inspire the next generation of Games developers. As well as playing an essential role in building the gaming careers of our students, you can improve your own knowledge through our wide range of learning and development opportunities.
Please review the Job Description to find out more about this role and apply online to join our team.
As a Lecturer in Games Design and Development, you will:
* Deliver BTEC qualifications Levels 1 to 5
* Devise, select, use and appraise assessment tools, including where appropriate, those which use new and emerging technologies
* Encourage learners to recognise and reflect on ways in which learning can empower them as individuals and make a difference in their communities
* Refer learners to information on potential current and future learning and career opportunities and appropriate specialist support services
Skills and Experience:
* Experience of teaching BTEC relevant subject at different levels
* Knowledge of own specialist area is current and appropriate to the teaching context
* PGCE, DTTLS or Certificate in Education (or willingness to complete).
* Minimum GCSE grade C or equivalent Level 2 in English and mathematics
A career with us means much more than just a salary – we know that our people are our greatest asset. Working with committed colleagues, we also offer an attractive benefits package