Network Services Director
Commutable to Bristol or Cramlington – National with travel to other sites as required.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this Executive level, Leadership role will have full accountability for the overall operational delivery of our Virgin Media Morpheus contract nationally. Our business is rapidly expanding following the major FTTP networks installation programmes for our key customers. The Network Services Director has responsibility for delivering the P&< with a current combined turnover of c£20M to £30m. This is a key strategic role for the business with responsibility for ensuring our Operational Senior Teams are lead and developed to the highest standards.
As part of the Senior Management Team responsible for translating the Company’s strategic focus into defined operational plans. You will be responsible for identifying and managing ways to ensure Industry-Leading operational effectiveness to meet the Client and Contract expectations. Directly responsible for commercial performance through growing sales, improving service and driving profit. Overall responsibility within business unit to champion a culture of Zero Harm safety and adherence to all relevant policies.
• Overall responsibility for directing the Virgin Media Morpheus contract function. Working with senior reports to ensure delivery of the P&< and identifying ways to increase profit and grow the business.
• Ensuring projects are delivered on time, within budget, to pre-determined safety, quality, customer service and commercial / engineering standards.
• Own and lead the delivery and implementation of the programme, taking personal accountability for the outcomes and the realisation of associated benefits
• Build and maintain excellent relationships with all key stakeholders, including Clients, Directors, Senior Management Team colleagues, subcontract suppliers and the direct labour workforce. Overall responsibility for ensuring customer service excellence.
• Champion the overall development of the business division. Lead strategy development in the areas of production, purchasing and distribution to ensure that the Company achieves its short and long term objectives
• Lead, motivate and develop people with the necessary expertise and ability to meet or exceed required performance standards, whilst ensuring there is an effective resource strategy in place to support business growth.
• Championing and instilling a culture of Zero Harm health and safety and ethical responsibility within the operational function. Overall responsibility for ensuring the safety of the operation, adhering to the stringent safety requirements at all times.
• Drive continuous improvement within the Business Stream, bringing new ideas in innovations and identifying opportunities to improve business processes. Implement change / transformation requirements that positively impact service delivery. Identify and implement ways to improve operational effectiveness across the business
• Ensure cross pollination of best practice and innovation throughout the company. Maintaining an effective working relationship with all other Directors to ensure that there is effective co-ordination of all company activities in support of corporate objectives
• Manage the programmes governance arrangements ensuring the work undertaken by you and your teams are aligned to their policy and procedures and represent the company values. Tackling any non-conformance from expected standards, including disciplinary measures