Location: Berkeley, South Gloucestershire
Salary: £25,714 – £40,026 (M1 – UPS2)
Hours : 20 hours per week (2.5 days per week) – Term Time Only- FT (40 hours) or PT jobs share considered.
Closing Date: 12th April 2021
The Aurora Group is an innovative provider of education and care for children, young people and adults with special educational needs and disabilities.
Opening in September 2021, Aurora Severnside is a dynamic and bespoke provision that will have the ability to support up to 56 students aged 11-16 who will have a range of needs associated with Social Emotional and Mental Health difficulties (SEMH).
Be part of something new, are looking for a team of people interested in the reward task of shaping this exciting new provision right from the very start.
The main purpose of the role:
To deliver high quality teaching of KS3/KS4 English and learning to young people with range of complex needs associated with SEMH. Students may also be on the autistic spectrum and have mental health and anxiety related conditions.
* Be responsible for the high quality of teaching and learning of all pupils who are assigned to the post holder, having responsibility for their progress, welfare and outcomes
* To have an up to date knowledge and understanding of the professional duties of teachers and the statutory framework within which teachers work.
* To take responsibility for implementing school policies and practice, including those relating to safeguarding and equality of opportunity.
* To contribute to the delivery and development of the curriculum, having regard to the educational, physical and social needs of the students within a learning environment.
* To maintain knowledge through training and research where appropriate and take responsibility for own professional development.
* To establish effective working relationships and set a good example through presentation and personal and professional conduct
* To maintain an overall awareness of current issues in the field of autism in order to be able to plan for effective teaching and learning.
* Duties will vary, you must expect to diversify and lend a hand wherever is required.
Successful candidate qualities:
* PGCE, QTS, or equivalent teaching qualification and evidence of in-service training.
* To be able to teach English GCSE, Functional skills. A degree in their specialist subject is required
* Working knowledge of SEMH students with complex needs.
* Evidence of sound knowledge of the national curriculum.
* Knowledge, understanding and experience of autism and associated co-morbid conditions and how these can affect learning.
* Curriculum development and implementation for pupils with SEN and in particular autism.
* Ability to engage pupils in positive enabling relationships.
What’s on offer?
* Full training and continued support
* Life assurance
* Teachers’ Pension
* Health cash back plan
* Car lease scheme
* Bike to work scheme
* Perk box
* Free parking
All staff are required to start employment in mid-August 2021 for induction and training.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
The Aurora Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care.