Were seeking an experienced HR Advisor to join a busy HR team for an initial fixed term contract in Salisbury, Wiltshire.
We have an opportunity for a HR Advisor with solid employee relations case work experience to join a busy HR department for an initial 4-6 months fixed term contract.
You will be working as part of a busy and friendly HR team who are providing a comprehensive HR Service to Managers across a complex public sector organisation. You will be working with HR Business Partners on a variety of HR / ER Case work and supporting managers with professional HR Advice and support.
Tasks include : –
* Manage a caseload of disciplinary, grievance and performance issues advising and supporting managers and panels with individual cases, at investigation, hearing and appeal stages. Ensuring adherence to policies and procedures and best practice.
* To develop and review HR policies, ensuring that correct information and details are provided in terms of legislation and processes.
* To participate in projects at organisation, division or departmental level, as delegated and required. Taking the lead and co-ordination of particular projects as delegation
* Monitor sickness absence within divisions and work with managers, staff and Occupational Health to reduce and maintain low sickness absence levels.
* Maintain an expertise in employment law and best HR practice, in order to be able to provide accurate advice to managers and staff on employment legislation issues, and their implications for the organisation.
* Working in partnership with unions
We are seeking experienced HR Advisor with CIPD qualifications eg Level 5 CIPD and previous experience of handling a variety of employer relations case work, including grievance, sickness, disciplinary, performance, absence, hearings, investigations.
Ideally you will have an experienced background working within a public sector, NHS or similar complex unionised environment. Will consider private sector if have hands on ER Case work experience.
Also preferable if any experience supporting change activities including TUPE and restructures but not essential.
This is a 4-6 months fixed term assignment and you will be working on site circa 3 days and 2 from home but flexibility needed for cover/rotas.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.