Since its creation in 2009, FORTIL, an engineering consultancy now has 19 branch offices across Europe including UK, France, Switzerland, Belgium and Italy with more than 600 employees. We have a common objective: grow and develop along with our teams.
Joining FORTIL UK means joining a team of business engineers and recruiters. Established for a year in the South West region, our expertise is in Energy, Transport, Life Sciences and Finance fields. This first year has been a success thanks to our consultants who are both technical experts and drivers of innovative ideas.
FORTIL UK guides start-ups and big groups and meet their needs by providing skilled and talented project teams and individual consultants. We deploy custom-made solutions to offer relevant advice and we put our know-hows and recruitment experiences to the service of our clients’ projects.
YOUR FIRST PROJECT AS A CONSULTANT
To strengthen our team of consultants, we are looking for a Piping Designer. As soon as you are onboard, you will be supported by your FORTIL Manager. Your goals set will be supporting the Lead Piping Engineer to deliver the piping systems design packages.
YOUR DAILY ROLE AS A CONSULTANT
* Producing plant 3D Mock-up, plant drawings, process diagrams, listings and Bill of Material (BoMs)
* Supporting the achievement of the different projects’ phases (design, construction, commissioning and operation)
* Responsible for the integration and design of various discipline Layout (e.g. Piping, cable tray), including networks, equipment(s), steel frame(s), concrete penetration(s), embedment(s), support structure(s)
You will have the opportunity to develop new technical skills on client lead projects but also play a role within your company by:
* Opening new accounts or new departments within the client you are working with (business)
* Suggesting CVs, conducting technical interviews or creating tests for candidates (recruitment)
* Building your own team of consultants (management)
* Giving advice as an expert and mentoring younger consultants & developing training programmes / graduate schemes / exercises for interns (mentoring)
YOUR ASSETS TO SUCCEED
Proven work experience as a Piping Designer or similar role. Having knowledge in electrical engineering would be a plus.
Up to date knowledge AVEVA Diagrams and E3D.
Familiarity with working in a multidisciplinary project team.
Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or relevant field.
If you recognise yourself, apply and join the adventure. We will support you to build your career. FORTIL UK is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We therefore encourage qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply