PR and Communications Executive
Who are we? At Seccl, we’re on a mission to rebuild the infrastructure of investments and advice. We provide the technology that allows people to access financial markets – buying and selling investments, and holding them in tax wrappers like ISAs and pensions.
Our software allows ambitious fintechs to quickly get to market with innovative investment or advice products – and helps financial advisers and investment managers to build stronger, more valuable businesses, by operating their own investment platform.
Ultimately, we want to create a world where everybody can access the financial markets, or find the help they need, more easily and affordably than ever.
We recently became part of the Octopus Group – an innovative, £9bn+ group of companies that’s on a mission to breathe new life into energy and financial services, and improve the lives of millions of people.
How can you help?
We’re looking for a talented PR and comms executive to help us supercharge our growing media profile.
Backed by Octopus, and with a media share of voice that already outstrips our share of market, it’s a unique and exciting opportunity to help shape the perception of a brand at the cutting edge of fintech innovation.
The perfect role for someone with proven media relations skills, two to three years of agency or relevant in-house experience under their belt, who’s looking to grow with a fast-growing fintech.
What will you be doing?
On a day-to-day level, you’ll…
* Be our main media contact, building strong relationships with key journalists within our key target markets (namely financial advice and investment trades, and fintech and technology publications)
* Plan and manage our proactive PR calendar, combining regular newsflow (product releases, client wins, corporate updates and milestones etc) and semi-regular, impactful thought leadership campaigns (surveys, reports and rountdables etc)
* Stay on top of current events within the market, with a view to securing regular reactive comment opportunities for leaders within the business
* Create PR collateral (press releases, opinion editorials etc) as well as supporting the content team on creating other marketing content (for example blogs, whitepapers and award entries)
* Help to brainstorm new content and campaigns that will help us to achieve cut-through and raise profile
* Work with teams from around the business to uncover newsworthy content to feed into our PR activity
Who are we looking for?
We need someone who’s:
* Got an eye for a story: you’ll be good at identifying the pertinent, interesting or insightful angles from within a sea of complexity
* Great at building relationships: you’ll have proven media relations skills, and a desire to connect with different teams in the business
* An excellent communicator, with strong editorial skills, who enjoys crafting content
* Passionate about technology, finance and the intersection of the two
* Confident and driven, but also collaborative, kind and always eager to improve. We’re a company of constant learners, who are always curious to try new things and learn new skills, so if that’s you, you’ll fit right in
* A doer: this will be a hands-on role, without an agency or junior exec for support, so you’ll enjoy rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in!
* Comfortable with ambiguity. A genuine self-starter, you’ll enjoy thinking up and experimenting with new ideas
* Excited about working in a rapidly growing fintech with a steep learning curve
How do we work?
We’re a team of ambitious, talented, and creative people who are passionate about using technology to improve our financial world.
We have a positive, open environment that promotes fresh ideas, challenge and experimentation, and encourages continual learning. We provide flexible working that focusses on delivery rather than just focusing on hours worked.
We’re based in the historic City of Bath, a stone’s throw from the train station. (Literally. You could hit it from our office.)
And the vital statistics?
* Competitive salary
* Flexible working arrangements
* Exposure to the latest technology and an opportunity to help shape the future direction
* 27 days holiday and a day off for your birthday
* Pension & Life Assurance
Like what you see? Please forward your cv for immediate feedback
PR and Communications Executive