Principal Systems Engineer – Requirements, V&V
We require a number of Principal Systems Engineers with Requirements and V&V experience to work on a six month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Filton or Barrow.
This is a contract on Naval Submarines
Overview of the Principal Systems Engineers contract role
Principal Engineer – Systems Engineering Requirement Management
To develop and enact the requirements engineering for the concept phase of a major Systems of Systems programme.
To undertake Requirements Management, V&V, Process Development and Configuration Management.
To manage and administer the programme requirements toolset.
To liaise with internal and external stakeholders to mature systems and system supporting documentation.
To support the development of Requirements & Acceptance Management Plans and the supporting governance and assurance framework.
To maintain high quality documentation in support of the tasks being undertaken both for delivery as part of the programme and supporting business review, programme progress tracking etc.
Responsibilities of the Principal Systems Engineers
1. Development of requirements engineering approach and execution of requirements activities with limited supervision.
2. Engaging with customers and stakeholders on specific technical matters.
3. Working as part of a technical team in support of project objectives.
4. Supporting requirements elicitation, development and compliance management.
5. Development of structured arguments for the satisfaction of requirements.
6. Development and enactment of key requirements and acceptance focused management plans.
7. Produce technical documentation in support of work carried out.
8. Plans and structures own work under direction of project leadership.
9. Delivery and progress reporting to senior technical and project staff.
10. Escalates significant problems and issues encountered with senior staff.
11. Supporting other systems and subsystems teams as a Subject Matter Expert on requirements engineering.
The Individuals for the Principal Systems Engineers
* Degree qualified in relevant STEM subject or demonstrable experience of working as a systems engineer in large projects.
* Experience of Requirements Engineering tools and techniques.
* Experience in Systems Engineering in particular for complex systems of systems.
* Awareness and experience of requirements lifecycle, from initial elicitation through to acceptance.
* Requirements derivation, verification and validation experience.
* Configuration management experience.
* Experience of using and ideally administering the DOORs toolset.
* Ability to interact and influence a wide variety of stakeholders.
* Experience and knowledge in the development and decomposition of requirements from system level down to supplier specifications.
* Awareness of relevant systems engineering standards such as ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288.
You must be eligible to gain SC clearance
Key skills required for the Principal Systems Engineers
The role is based in Bristol or Barrow
If you are a Principal Systems Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Paul Scott on or phone (phone number removed)
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource UK – Curating Specialist Talent
We’re one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource – taking care of everything