Please note this role is only open to internal applicants. Applications from external candidates will not be considered.
The Operational Services Team in the Support & Revenue Directorate has responsibility for the largest number of services and products which underpin the Trust’s ability to grow in a sustainable way.
We are looking for an experienced Product Owner to help shape the future direction of our new membership and fundraising system. It will be a challenge, and a brilliant opportunity to demonstrate what you can do to help deliver effortless engagement for our supporters, staff and volunteers. What it’s like to work here This role is currently remote due to COVID-19. As restrictions ease there will be an expectation that you will come to Heelis when required. This is unlikely to be more than once or twice per week but flexibility is key.
We’re bigger than you think, we’re more complicated than we appear and we’re larger scale than you’d imagine. We’ve got passionate people in all our teams, and we’ve got so much more we want to achieve. We’re for ever, for everyone and we really mean that. We don’t want to stop at 5.5 million members and we want everyone to feel welcome and enjoy access to our places, so we need to reach new audiences in ways that are meaningful and relevant to them without losing the hearts and minds of those that are already with us.
Our central head office Heelis, is situated in Swindon, Wiltshire. We’re well placed, with ample parking nearby, a shopping outlet with plenty of options for places to eat, and the town centre only a 10 minute walk away. Alternatively you can enjoy our open plan atrium space for lunch times, with our internal cafe available every day. What you’ll be doing A major programme is fully underway to update our membership and fundraising systems, enabling us to better serve our supporters and provide enhanced back office processes for our staff.
Through understanding our membership products and the fundraising services that we offer, you will ensure that the needs are understood to deliver a quality system that meets those needs.
With a responsibility for the business readiness as we launch our new service, you will ensure that the operational business teams are trained, equipped and fully ready to accept the new toolset into service. You will lead the communications plan and support the business activities that need to be readied as we transition to the new service, with stakeholders across a range of disciplines including SMEs from membership, fundraising, finance, our service centre, marketing, comms and operations. Who we’re looking for To be successful in this role you’ll need to be:
* A skilled communicator, who’s great at interpreting information quickly and concisely
* Excellent at translating business objectives into a product roadmap and have credibility and strong influencing skills
* An expert in the market and external landscape of the products that you own, understanding best practice to bring benefit to your users
* Solutions focussed and able to make decisions balancing effort and benefit to prioritise effectively
* Comfortable working in a complex organisation, turning incomplete, ambiguous inputs in to solid action plans
* Experienced in the management and delivery of complex, multi-stream projects, ideally with experience of back office/digital solution and business change projects
* Experienced user of Agile practices and a Product Owner role The package
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
* Flexible working whenever possible
* Free parking at most locations
* Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
* Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
* Generous annual leave
* Subsidised health cash plan
* Free 24-hour support service
* Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
* Training & Development tailored to you
* Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.