At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Within our southwest region our infrastructure team has strong positions in Highways, Utilities, Rail and Defence. Our people have the opportunity to move between sectors, building their experience across a broad range of major projects and programmes.
We are seeking people to join our organisation who have a positive outlook, are seeking development opportunities and have a strong foundation of technical understanding in their core area of activity.
* Implement, administer and maintain cost control system and procedures to track project budgets, commitments, expenditures and forecasts for projects of medium complexity and value
* Assist in the preparation and review of cost estimates
* Provide cost information to support decision and alternative selection
* Evaluate contractor invoices prior to submission for pre-approval
* Utilize information from Cost Capture System and input to cost report and validation of spending
* Evaluate and analyse fee proposals / bids and provide recommendation for decision making
* Provide forecasts and cash flow analysis
* Maintain and manage the cost report and provide regular updates on financial position
* Assist in the development, validation and maintenance of the project schedule
* Assist in developing reporting tracking tools and generates cost reports on regular basis including evaluation of earned value
* Support the coordination of the Change Management process for the project
* Build intricate spreadsheets to enable fast and accurate data manipulation of large datasets
* Extract data from several sources, transforming it to fit operational needs
* Reconcile data to support complete accuracy and creates a clean audit trail
* Computer literacy in Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
* Knowledge and Proficiency with multiple discipline specific software applications such as SAP, Sage etc.
* Demonstrable Project Cost Control techniques.
* Able to coordinate and work with other teams and have basic multi-disciplinary knowledge.
* Good research and analytical skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent communication and organization skills.
* Professional working knowledge of Project Controls software and tools