Home News Puppy dies from ‘worst case of poisoning’ vet had seen – dog...

Puppy dies from ‘worst case of poisoning’ vet had seen – dog left bleeding from its eyes


A Cheshire family, including three-year-old Malaya and five-month-old James, has been left heartbroken following the death of their puppy, Sasha. The ‘pocket bully’ dog had been a “healthy, happy and protective puppy”, according to mother Chloe Smith.

But an extreme reaction to what is believed to have been rat poisoning led to the puppy’s painful demise before vets said there was nothing more they could do.

The puppy vomited a “thick white foam” and bled from her eyes before vets declared “there was no coming back”.

Ms Smith, quoted in Cheshire Live, said the last day her family walked Sasha, she noticed nothing out of the ordinary.

Sasha was enjoying playing with Malaya and rolling in the grass.

But it was noticed that something was “not right” when Sasha started sleeping more through the day and struggling to leave her bed.

At first, Ms Smith was told her puppy was coming into season, “as these were previous symptoms from her last”.

But the next day, Sasha’s symptoms got worse and Ms Smith knew something was awry.

She said: “With in 24 hours of that she began vomiting a thick white foam like liquid, she began hiding away from us all, then she began to bleed from her backside.”

READ MORE: ‘Scared’ Insulate Britain offender expecting six-month sentence

She added: “The vets had done all they could and it was the worst case of poisoning they have ever seen so we had no other choice but to let her go.”

Malaya was left confused about why the vets did not “give [Sasha] back”.

Ms Smith warned dog walkers to be cautious when their dogs are off their leads and to be aware of what their pets are playing with.

She also demanded that those doing “such horrendous things” as poisoning dogs should stop now.

She said: “I have received many messages regarding the same situation in the same place and the same torture.

“And to those who are doing such horrendous things please stop, I would hate to see this happen to another pet never mind a child.”

Previous articleAround 20 homeless people died in Bristol last year, new data shows
Next articleChristmas gift ideas: Where you can find the best sustainable presents this year


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here