SEN Care Support Workers
We are supporting an SEN school in South Gloucestershire with recruiting a care support worker full time. Due to the growth of the school and an increase in student numbers, the school wants to appoint for the role ASAP.
The school caters for children with a range of needs including Profound and Multiple Disabilities, Physical Disabilities and Medical Needs, therefore there may well be the expectation to help with personal/ intimate care.
Working with a tight-knit team to ensure the safety and care of students
Following individual EHCP’s and providing the support/ care required
Supporting students in preparing for and taking part in social interactions, including school trips and special events
Helping students to build day-to-day relationships with peers and other team members
Promoting a calm atmosphere around students Desirable criteria:
Experience in a SEN environment
Previous training in medicine administration and Personal Care or manual handling would be beneficial, but training would be provided in house
Previous experience in a support work or care environment
Confidence to tackle difficult situations and approach them with a calm and mature way
A genuine passion and belief in the potential of every student.
Hold full driving license
Training in PECS, Makaton or similar would be extremely beneficial for this role.
Team Teach training or any de-escalation training would be an advantage but not essential
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH ANZUK EDUCATION:
• anzuk Education are specialists in international education recruitment with over 10 years experience
• Streamlined and easy to follow documentation process
• Supportive international team on hand to answer any questions 24 hours a day
• Fantastic social & networking events, bringing people together to share experiences
• Professional development courses run by knowledgeable and experienced professionals
• Travel and sporting partnerships with excellent discounts exclusive to anzuk Education
• Opportunities throughout the UK and internationally
• A professional, supportive and highly experienced team of Education Consultants
• Share this job with a friend of colleague and receive £100 as a thank you once they have worked for 10 days through us