Due to the opening of a new Office in Bristol, our client who provides a full range of services through their specialist Chartered & Incorporated Consulting Engineers, Civil Engineers, Structural Engineers, Geo-environmental Engineers, and Transport Engineers are looking for Senior Civil Engineer to join them in order to help drive this office. At Senior Level, the candidates will report into the Director, and head of the new Office. This is an exciting time to join, with career opportunities obvious.
The successful candidate must have experience of drainage and highway design and detailing to S38, S278 and S104 agreements (essential). This is a career position within a dynamic and skilled business, progression is assured for the right candidate.
* Pre-purchase feasibility studies and resolution of planning conditions including drainage feasibility and highways considerations.
* Flood risk assessments (flood modelling undertaken by in-house team).
* Detailed drawings and calculations to technical approval for adoptable highways and drainage to Building Control, NHBC, S278, S38, S104, etc.
* Preparation of 3D ground models for volume calculations, cut and fill exercises, vertical road profiles, etc.
* Liaise with clients and external agencies i.e., Environment Agency, Local Highway Authorities, Water Authorities, etc.
* Represent JNP Group at meetings, public exhibitions, planning committees and public inquiries when required, and undertake site inspections.
* Manage the team and control the programmed performance of projects.
* Support the training and professional development of team members.
* Exercise due care and diligence in all aspects of engineering design and detailing.
* Working experience of FRAs, Suds and Pre-Planning Advice.
* Working experience of drainage and highway design and detailing to S38, S278 and S104 agreements.
* Working experience of MicroDrainage WinDES, Tuflow (optional), HECRAS (optional).
* Use of AutoCAD/Autodesk Civil 3D preferred but not essential.
* Working appreciation of highway and general structures.
* Use of Microsoft Office software packages i.e., Excel, Word, etc.
Training & Development:
You will be encouraged and given opportunities to work towards a professional qualification commensurate with your academic qualifications.
Forward your CV now for further details on this exciting new opportunity