Our client is a leading media company that focuses on horse racing, football and sport, with a particular accent on content that informs bettors.
The Affiliate team are based in Bristol, and are responsible for building out the product to support our clients affiliate brands. Our client is seeking to grow the team to support their ambition of launching more international affiliates properties through 2021.
This role is for an engineer to lead our clients React function. The candidate will be hands-on in building out the front-ends for their websites, and will have a critical role in managing the coding standards for the wider team to work with React. We expect this candidate to be able to mentor developers less experienced in React and to help bring them up to speed with the latest requirements for using this technology.
Our clients are seeking to grow their affiliate business over the coming months. Investing in the platforms that power their affiliate brands, and seeking to add new properties to their portfolio. All new properties will be built using React for the front-end, and will consume content from a headless CMS. They place a strong emphasis on site speed and performance, and this is key to enabling them to continue delivering excellent SEO rankings.
* Lead the front-end development for their affiliate websites
* Ensure they are working to a high standard in all their front-end work, through the implementation and maintenance of coding standards
* Ensure that all code written is easily maintainable, secure and in line with the latest industry recommendations
* Ensure their products meet security, performance and SEO standards
* Collaborate with other members of the development team, and mentor other staff members interested in adding React to their existing skill-set
* Ensure that their components are built in such a way that they are reusable across multiple properties
* Potential for line management of junior developers
* Demonstrable commercial experience with React
* Strong experience with git source control
* Strong Experience using a CSS preprocessor (preferably SASS/SCSS)
* Demonstrable experience in writing appropriate tests to ensure our front-end is easily maintainable going forward
* Demonstrable experience in optimising front-end sites to be highly performant, and SEO optimised
* Experience working in an Agile/Scrum team
* Understanding of microservice infrastructure
* Experience with Docker, AWS and CI/CD
* React Native
* SonarQube familiarity
The position will come with a competitive salary, bonus, 25 days holiday, Private Healthcare and a great pension. Our client has an amazing working environment and culture and hope you will do too