Site Agent & Senior Site Agent – Rail Project Experienced – Based near Swindon
I have excellent opportunities for both Site Agents and Senior Site Agents, for a hugely successful Civil Engineering contractor working in their Rail division near Swindon, for a start in Q1 2021.
The position will report to the Senior Site Agent and the Project Manager respectively.
My client has an excellent order book, and the both the company and division are growing rapidly, meaning this would be an excellent time to join this business
The Site Agent and Senior Site Agent will be responsible for the management and delivery of projects in order to achieve customers’ objectives, while maintaining high standards of health and safety, quality, social, environmental impact and cost control. They will deliver projects, to the specified quality, the required programme and to the maximum commercial performance.
The post-holder will work closely with the engineers and surveyors to ensure that projects are completed in a safe manner whilst customer requirements and expectations are always maintained or exceeded
1. Plan & deliver projects
2. financial forecasting and monitoring of project costs
3. Producing reports on project performance
4. Produce and analyse client project progress reports, updated costs and forecasts
5. management of the supply chain
6. Assist with the compilation and review of monthly CVRs
7. weekly reviews
8. Chair and attend internal and external meetings
9. Ensure timely management of both temporary and permanent design
10. Coach and motivate the site teams
11. Manage and drive team and individual performance
12. effective communication
13. Responsible for Health & safety procedures
14. Ensure projects are contractually and commercially managed,
15. Deputise for Senior Site Agent and Project Manager respectively , as required
16. Support the commercial team
* NVQ/HNC/HND/Related Degree Level
* TWC or TWS
* Chartered membership (ICE or CIOB)
Technical Skills and Experience
Proven ability and experience delivering Civil Engineering projects within a Rail environment, with an ability to manage rail projects from tender handover to completion.
Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills; able to manage projects simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality
Ability to develop friendly and professional customer focused relations with others; Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
Experience delivering projects using Network Rail suite of contracts and NEC3/4
Good working knowledge of CDM 2015 regulations, Network Rail standards and relevant industry regulations
Able to challenge designs, resolve problems and produce and explain accurate plans and drawings
Ability to assess and adequately mitigate all risks including those associated with working within the railway environment
Good Microsoft Project Skills
Previous experience in assisting with the tendering process would be desirable
Experience managing projects and working with other departments to achieve project deliverables.
Excellent people management skills with the ability to influence and mentor to motivate employees to achieve exacting standards of compliance
These are excellent opportunities.
If the positions are of interest, please apply NOW