An amazing opportunity to work for a Fleet Department with a material budget of c£9m & 400 vehicles!
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for the effective management of material, plant hire, equipment spend, supply chain, waste management and fleet management procurement providing a professional service to operational delivery teams across our regions.
you will b an expert in Supply Chain Management, blending commercial skills including procurement but with a strong focus on managing the supply chain, key accounts and providing scrutiny and ancillary support for the operational delivery teams. Supply chain is focused on the housing sector, repair refurbishment and major planned programmes delivered through an in-house team.
* Lead on material procurement in line with agreed tendering policies and procedures and authorised
within Financial Regulations.
* Assist In embedding end to end digital solutions that improve first time fix and productivity.
* Proactively manage supplier relationships, providing ancillary support to the operational delivery teams.
* Review and maintain an effective catalogue management system for all suppliers.
* Working with Operational teams, continually strive to rationalise material usage and minimise and
eliminate off contract spend.
* Track and manage budget versus actual spend, ensuring contract compliance on prices/effective
monthly review of invoices.
* To review current ordering processes in line with Quality Management systems linked to collaborative
working with Group Procurement.
* Ensure all products purchased meet operational requirements and specifications.
* Drive product innovation and value for money, benchmarking against the market and wider FM sector
and e.g. setting up material working group. Research Smart Homes initiatives and oversee compliant
delivery of CSR /Social value elements of procurement and contract terms.
* Explore opportunities to sell our services to other HA’s / Local Authorities.
* Work across operational teams to assist in proactive management and control of van stock
* Develop innovative delivery solutions to meet a 24/7 operational maintenance business.
* Ensure strict quality control, on time deliveries and investigating any failures in achieving right first time
relating to material supply. Monitor trends, product recalls due to failure and proactive invoking of
warranties on material and component parts.
* Provide innovative and sustainable solutions to the business through the supply chain.
* To ensure that the management of all works contracts meet all required standards of performance,
including audit, time, cost, quality, and customer satisfaction.
* Undertake analysis of Electronic Van Stock usage and align to on contract spend
* Place contracts, on-boarding suppliers, and execute supply chain delivery plan.
* Responsible for all post-contract Supplier Relationship Management activities.
* Lead on transport review and procurement considering options of lease versus direct purchase.
* Review repairs & maintenance contracts, explore options for re procurement
* Report on detailed trend analysis, vehicle running costs, including, fuel, repairs, accident statistics.
* Applicants should ideally be MCIPS Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply
* Relevant professional qualification or demonstrable experience in business management /Supply chain
management and logistical pathways
* Experience of Fleet procurement/leasing and full fleet management is desirable.
* Substantial experience of managing supply chain on scale and proven track record of delivering value
for money savings and service improvements.
* Experience of various forms of contract
* Proficient level of IT skills, including Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Teams
* Highly numerate and articulate with strong financial acumen
* Excellent report writing and language skills and the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders
both externally and internally
* Strong understanding of and responsibility for governance and risk management of supply contracts.
* Builds and maintains relationships with internal and external customers. Understands and anticipates
the needs of customers. Acts to address customer needs and strives to exceed customer expectations.
* The role works closely with internal and external stakeholders, influencing decisions to achieve
strategic business outcomes. This will include, influencing and persuading, complex contractual
negotiations and strategic discussions with directors from within the organisation and external
* This will require a high degree of professional competence and the development of trust and good
working relationships with stakeholders.
* Maintaining compliance with Public Procurement regulations, procurement procedures and
If you would like to apply, please click below, or contact me directly on or