Supply Chain Planner required to join a distribution / retail company on a permanent basis to be based in the Bristol area. Salary in the region of £35k – £45K with a generous benefits package
The role of Supply Chain Planner represent an excellent opportunity for the successful applicant to join a financially stable and growing Bristol based organisation on a permanent basis.
My client a market-leading distributor / retailer based in the Bristol area are recruiting a Supply Chain Planner to join their Supply Chain and Procurement Function. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager and joining the Planning and Operations department this represents an excellent opportunity for the successful applicant to be a highly visible employee who will work in a cross-functional manner to improve sales, reduce costs and increase the visibility of the supply chain across all business units.
Having coped extremely well during the Covid19 pandemic with sales only slightly lower than 2019, my client are now seeking to upskill their supply chain team to ensure that they are well placed to continue to grow both domestically and internationally. If you are seeking a new role, and wish to join a business who can offer you the tools and autonomy to make a positive impact on their overall success this is an excellent opportunity for you.
What you will do:
* Use supply chain, sales, marketing and financial information to support the sales and operations planning, S&OP, process
* Stock and inventory reporting
* Warehouse capacity modelling
* Ensure that logistics and shipping schedules meet customers’ needs in a timely and cost effective manner
* Work with IT to implement processes and procedures to improve data capture and automate manual / slow / non-effective reporting to the highest levels of sophistication
* Collaborate with sales and marketing to capture future trends and promotions in a timely manner and ensure the business is able to support spikes in demands and identify solutions to eliminate stock outs and lost revenue
* Work with 3rd party Logistics, 3PL, providers to increase stock and inventory visibility, pre-empt problems or issues and ensure the highest level of on time in full, OTIF, order fulfilment
Who we are looking for:
* You MUST be able to work an remain in the UK on an indefinite /long term basis with no restrictions
* Excellent end to end Supply Chain Knowledge: Stock, Inventory, Warehouse Capacity, Demand Planning, Forecasting, Merchandising, Supply Planning, Logistics and B2B Customer Service
* Proven track record of working with global Warehouses and Depots to have up to the minute stock level visibility, improve stock turns, reduce capital tied up in inventory, provide longer term forecasts and intelligence to enable better decision making and reduce complexity.
* Your supply chain career success to date will ideally have been within a FMCG, Retail or similar fast moving, high volume time sensitive industry sector.
* Excel skills: Applicants must be able to analyse and manipulate pivot tables and V Look Up’s to a high standard.
* Business Intelligence / BI tools: Knowledge of systems is desirable.
* Applicants CV’s will need to demonstrate their ability to work in a proactive and commercially minded manner – highlighting where YOU made an impact such as: Implementing new processes, reducing costs, improving of departmental Supply Chain KPIs / SLA’s etc.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills: Comfortable writing reports, leading / participating in cross functional meetings and leading presentations
* Have the confidence and desire to make an impact, suggest new ways of working, implement new processes and procedures and generally drive the team and business to achieve even greater levels of success.
* Be able to not only work with existing processes and procedures but also have the ability and confidence to pro-actively work with a continuous improvement mind-set.
What is on offer:
* Salary in the region of £35 – £45K
* A generous benefits package
* The chance to join a stable and growing company who promote from within and offer excellent career prospects.
For more information about this exciting role and if you meet the criteria, please submit your details without delay quoting TB/7702
Langley Search & Interim is the leading specialist recruiter in the procurement, supply chain and purchasing field. We manage permanent and interim procurement and supply chain jobs across the UK, Europe and globally for our clients, from large global multinationals to SMEs