Tax Practitioner, Tax Services, Tax Advisory, Tax Compliance, Private Client, Personal Tax
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Are you looking to take the next step on your journey? Do you want to be part of an international family whose vision is “To make their services smarter, more effective, and more personal every day”? If yes, then you could be our next investment! At Azets, you’re in control of your career and with our support this will make us even stronger, together.
Our motto when it comes to career development is “Your Journey, Your Voice, Your Success” .
Azets is an award winning leading firm of Accountants and Business Advisers operating across the UK, Nordics and the USA. We are a family of over 6,500 employees and work across 100 offices in the UK alone. We have seen dramatic growth in recent years which has made us the 9th largest accountancy firm in the UK, and we are over the moon to have been awarded Accountancy Firm of the Year in the FD Excellence Survey 2020. As a result of this growth, we are now looking to invest in our skills set even further!
To get the job that you’ll love
For us, the personal attributes of each of our employees is what makes us authentic in the marketplace. We look for people who can not only collaborate with peers but can also bring their own voice to the table. We want people who are dynamic in their approach and respectful of other people’s opinions. We’re looking for someone who wants to join a family of like-minded individuals and be more than just a team member.
As a Director of Private Client Tax your primary responsibility will be to develop the range of advisory services provided by the firm to wealthy individuals, in order to grow the business in this key area. You will be managing the office’s existing portfolio of High Net Worth individuals, as well advising across the client base on all aspects of planning, including IHT/trusts, complex CGT matters, overseas taxation and residency and employee share ownership. You will also provide specialist support as part of a team advising on transactional work, and be responsible for any complex reporting or compliance matters arising from this.
Business development will be a key aspect of the role, with the successful candidate being expected to actively identify opportunities to promote the firm and attract new clients, as well as servicing the advisory needs of the existing client base. This will involve working closely with other specialists, such as Azets Wealth Management, and also with Azets staff in other offices across the region. There will also be the opportunity to mentor others within the office and build a team to achieve a reputation for excellence in private client tax adisory.
A CTA qualification and a minimum of 7 years post qualification experience are essential for this role, for which the successful candidate will need to demonstrate both technical excellence and first-class client handling skills. A STEP qualification would be advantageous but not essential.
A note from the Hiring Manager
“An opportunity to lead and grow the private client department of a Top 10 firm ”
What’s in it for you?
* Pension – Looking after your future self when it’s time to step back and relax.
* 25 days annual leave + bank holidays – Time for you to focus on your family and what’s important to you. Where will your precious time take you?
* Agile Working – We’re on a mission to give you back your time.
* Flexible Working – Azets understand that as with any family, we all work in different ways and need flexibility within our working day and therefore we operate a flexible working policy.
* Life Assurance – 4 times salary. Our family is important to us, and so is yours.
* Employee Referral Bonus – We’re always looking for talented individuals to join our family.
* Employee Benefits Portal – Cashback and vouchers on everyday purchases.
* Extensive Learning & Development Opportunities – Continuous development and support, not only for your professional qualifications, but also for your personal goals and aspirations so we can grow together.
* Opportunity to attend social events – Time to stop, pause and have fun. Career Coaching – Better never stops. Sharing our time to make the best …