The Role and Team
To manage and ensure application of the systems and ancillary services that support and demonstrate adherence to the requirements of food safety, 3rd party standards and legal compliance. To provide day to day support of the site QFSA team to ensure compliance monitoring is effective, incidents and complaints are fully investigated, and appropriate corrective actions are implemented. Deputised by: QFSA and Technical Managers.
The Technical Department can be described as the ‘Conscience of the Business’ with a core remit of keeping the business informed to ensure strong strategic and tactical decision, provide customer and supplier confidence in relation to food safety and quality standards and to safeguard the business by maintaining a strong due diligence defense.
This is achieved by providing assurance that legal, customer, supplier and business standards of food quality and safety are maintained, ensuring procedural compliance, understanding and effectiveness and driving remedial action.
* To ensure food safety & quality compliance in line with BRC, supply chain and other accreditation standards
* Management of site visits for Site Pest Control, calibration and other contractors that support the technical team
* To ensure that technical contractors deliver against contractual obligations and renewal dates are notified to Technical Managers at least 6 months prior to expiry
* Quality equipment calibration and maintenance e.g. scales and thermometers
* Ensuring Food safety and Quality procedures are efficient, effective and maintained
* Daily support of Site QFSA team
* Management of Process Control, Validation and HACCP systems and procedures for Site operations, ensuring appropriate and up to date training for those individuals involved.
* Root cause investigation of food safety and quality non-conformances
* Implementation and follow through of corrective actions
* Supporting audits by external personnel
* Liaise with stakeholders on complaints investigations & conclusions
* Support specification approval and review
* Submission and presentation of monthly reports in relation to key accountabilities and KPI’s.
* Behaving in a manner that prevents risk of injury or illness to self or others
* Food manufacturing degree, with minimum 5 years in a technical function
* HACCP Level 3
* Auditing experience
* BRC experience
* Flexible and agile time management skills
* People focused
* Attention to detail
* Willing to learn
Please be aware that we receive a high volume of interest for each of our roles and we cannot guarantee we will be in touch if you are not shortlisted for the position. At JK Recruitment we aim to provide the best possible opportunity to take your career forward, we will be in touch within the next seven days if your application is successful. Please continue to visit our website to keep up to date with further vacancies.
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK