This is not your traditional door knocking / phone bashing sales role! If you have a mechanical / electronic background, with exposure to sales, applications, test or fault-finding and you want to enhance your career as a Sales Engineer, then we’d love to hear from you! We’re a well-established Dorset based manufacturer of technical instrumentation then contact me.
BASIC SALARY: £25,000-£35,000 dependant on your experience
· Performance related bonus
· Medical cover
· Life assurance
· Annual leave rising with service
· Relocation allowance if applicable
LOCATION: Dorchester, Dorset
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Weymouth, Poole, Bournemouth, Salisbury, Yeovil, Exeter, Southampton, Bristol
Why you should join us!
· We design, develop and manufacture our own core line of instrumentation and sell directly to end users and distributors
· You’ll spend time with the Operations team getting excellent hands-on training with our full product range – so you can sell with confidence!
· You can help to shape this role yourself. Under the guidance of the Sales Manager, you can grow this role into a regional / territory position medium term
JOB DESCRIPTION: Technical Sales Engineer / Sales Engineer – Instrumentation
Targeting the UK markets, you’ll initially spend your time with us developing your product knowledge alongside our test, service and technical support engineers. You’ll develop your product knowledge to help build relationships and talk to existing customers with credibility and confidence, making them aware of existing products and new products.
Once safe to do so, you’ll be encouraged to go to exhibitions and tradeshows and network to build up your list of contacts.
Our marketing department is excellent – you’ll collaborate with them a lot. We get lots of leads / sales enquiries through our digital marketing, but you’ll be encouraged to research and spot new opportunities or markets we might not already be targeting. This could be in the UK, in Europe or further afield.
Most of our products are off the shelf with immediate value added, which gives you a competitive edge over our rivals. Our products have an average over value of £2000 and we can usually ship to existing / new clients within a week, to sectors such as Civils, Oil & Gas, Offshore, Petro-Chemical, Subsea and Power Generation.
In Year 2 you’ll grow this role into a Regional / Territory Manager which can be more driven by you with direct sales & more overseas travel.
Your background: Technical Sales Engineer / Sales Engineer – Instrumentation
· You’ll be technical, probably holding a B.Eng or an M.Eng in Mechanical or Electronic Engineering, but you can also apply if you’ve been down the ONC/HNC route too
· Your background will have given you commercial or customer facing experience. Maybe from B2B sales, technical support, test, diagnostics or field service
· If your background is instrumentation; great – but any kind of technical products are fine
· You’ll be confident and driven, we know that’s hard to measure – but we genuinely feel extra-curricular interests, skills / experience such as sports and travelling can give you great transferable skills
· Any practical industrial engineering experience would be interesting
We’ll also welcome your application if you’re an exceptional Graduate and have the hunger and desire to be successful! You might have gained valuable technical or commercial experience in a part time role or maybe you did a sandwich year as part of your degree etc.
We design and manufacture a range of hand-held instrumentation including onshore and offshore gauges. Supplying to a variety of onshore and offshore customers.
It is highly likely you’ll have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: sales, design, applications, test, diagnostics, service, fault-finding, installation, commission, Mechanical Engineer, Electronic Engineer, Software Engineer, Sales Engineer, instrumentation, sensors, defence, oil & gas, industrial, civil engineering, component, power generation.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: JAC16309, Wallace Hind Selection