Bristol is a vibrant and diverse city located in the southwest of England. It has been dubbed as one of the most exciting places to live in the UK, with its stunning harbourside location, world-class cultural attractions, and a buzzing nightlife scene. Bristol is full of things to do for visitors – from discovering its rich history and exploring its unique architecture, to visiting some of the best restaurants and bars around. Here are the top 10 things to do in Bristol:
1) Visit Bristol Harbour – Bristol’s harbour is an iconic sight situated at the heart of the city. Enjoy a leisurely stroll along Bristol’s 18th century waterfront or take a boat tour on ‘The Matthew’ – a replica of the Bristol ship that sailed with John Cabot to America in 1497.
2) Explore Bristol’s Underground Music Scene – Bristol has a long and vibrant history of underground music and is home to some of the UK’s best clubs and venues. Bristol also hosts world-renowned music festivals such as Love Saves The Day, Bristol Sounds and Harbourside Festival.
3) Climb Cabot Tower – Located on Brandon Hill, Cabot Tower offers spectacular views across Bristol. Built in 1897 to celebrate John Cabot’s epic voyage 400 years before, it is one of Bristol’s most recognisable landmarks.
4) Enjoy Street Art – Bristol is well known for its impressive street art, which can be found all over the city. Bristol’s street artists are some of the best in the world and murals can be seen everywhere you look.
5) Visit Bristol Zoo – Bristol Zoo is home to a wide variety of animals, including primates, big cats, birds and reptiles. Take part in one of the many interactive experiences on offer such as a behind-the-scenes tour or an animal encounter!
6) Explore Bristol Old Town – Bristol Old Town is full of characterful cobbled lanes lined with old buildings that have stood for centuries. Admire Bristol’s beautiful architecture or visit one of the many independent shops located in this historic quarter.
7) Visit Bristol Cathedral – Bristol Cathedral is the city’s oldest cathedral and is home to an impressive collection of religious artefacts. Dating back to 1140, Bristol Cathedral offers visitors a unique insight into Bristol’s history.
8) Clifton Suspension Bridge – Bristol’s most iconic landmark, Clifton Suspension Bridge spans the Avon Gorge and is a must-visit attraction in Bristol. Take in the breathtaking views at either end of the bridge or enjoy a walk across this incredible structure.
9) SS Great Britain – The SS Great Britain was designed by Isambard Kingdom Brunel and launched in 1843 as the world’s first great ocean liner. Today it serves as Bristol’s premier maritime attraction and also houses a museum of Bristol’s history.
10) Take a Trip to Bristol Zoo Gardens – Bristol Zoo Gardens is one of Bristol’s most popular attractions and boasts an impressive collection of wildlife including giraffes, lions, gorillas, meerkats and more! Visit the conservation centre to learn about Bristol Zoo’s vital conservation work or take a ride on the Treetop Adventure Course.
Whether you are looking for culture, nightlife or history, Bristol has something to offer everyone. From its iconic landmarks to its incredible street art scene, Bristol is full of things to do that will keep visitors entertained for days. So, what are you waiting for? Start your Bristol adventure today!