About the role
As a Warehouse Operative (chilled) in our DC, your role will play a huge part in making sure our stores get what they need so our customers can have what they want, when they want it.
You’ll get the chance to work in a part of our business that is exciting, diverse and ever-growing.
Whether you are looking for stability or flexibility to suit your lifestyle, or the opportunity to progress your career, this can be the role for you.
You will be responsible for
* Having a key role in supporting our store colleagues by making sure orders are assembled accurately.
* Picking and manually handling stock in a chilled warehouse.
* Maintaining a clear and tidy warehouse and ensure any potential hazards are taken care of safely, quickly and efficiently.
* Making sure stock is received, stored, packed and transported according to the highest standards.
* Taking ownership for your own and others safety whilst at work.
* Using your Mechanical Handling Equipment efficiently – full training will be provided.
* Using tools provided and training material provided efficiently.
* Working both independently and as part of a team.
You will need
* To have passion about delivering great customer service.
* Energy to enjoy the buzz of working in a fast paced yet exciting environment.
* A driven and keen attitude to learn new skills as well as growing whilst working in a supportive team.
* Reliability and punctuality.
* The ability to adapt to working in a fast-paced ever-evolving environment.
* To be happy to go that extra mile.
* Willingness to work in a chilled warehouse environment
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
* Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
* Retirement savings plan – save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
* Life Assurance – 5 x contractual pay
* Share Schemes – Join ‘Buy As You Earn’ and ‘Save As You Earn’ after 3 months service
* Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
* Colleague Discounts:
* 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four-day period, off most purchases at Tesco
* 10% off One Stop
* 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
* 20% off all F&F purchases
* 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C’s apply
* 25% off Tesco Café
* 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
* 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
* An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
* Cycle to work scheme
* Uniform provided
Opportunities to get on – take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges.
Financial wellness – Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer’s favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is ‘Serving Britain’s shoppers a little better every day’. Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn’t changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it’s our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it’s our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone’s Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging. Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best. Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues – who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
Tesco will only recruit individuals who have passed the school leaver’s age. To find out the school leavers age for your country please visit the following link; https://(url removed)/know-when-you-can-leave-school
We can only accept candidates over the age of 18 if the role requires working before 6:15 am or after 9:45 pm or involves working in areas such as the warehouse, beers, wines & spirits, counters, bakery and driving roles.
On the occasions where we have high volumes of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date in order for us to manage all of the applicants appropriately. We will only be able to offer individual feedback to those candidates who attend an interview.
For more information about us please visit (url removed)